Chapter 8: Trip One

"He will be fine. Just relax." Sam assures me as I continue to worry about Thomas while we're away. It's not good for him to be away from his parents so much.

Dean and I both knew our lifestyle would be difficult for Thomas. It's not exactly the kind of upbringing you want for a child. Take Dean and Sam as perfect examples. I know they both had so much pain from the things they had to see so young. I expected this to happen, but thinking about the what if's compared to when they're actually happening is a whole other story. This is hard. I don't want Thomas losing either of his parents, just like Sam, Dean, and I all have.

"Caroline will take good care of him, you know that. It's gonna be fine. We're gonna find Dean, and figure all of this out. It's all going to work out." Sam reassures me again, driving down the long highway. The rumbling of the cars engine roars slightly in the background. A storm slams the area we're in, causing hard rain to hit the windshield quite loudly. The eerie woods on ether side of us makes me sick to my stomach as I worry about what Dean may be doing right now. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it my anxiety is so bad that it's making me nauseous. I stay quiet, trying to hold back my urge to vomit.

We've been driving for about five hours now. We're headed to some small town just outside of Nashville—Sam tracked Dean's cell and this is where it's leading us. Whether he's there or not, we have no idea. But it's definitely a good start.

"What do you think is wrong with him?" I ask, curious of Sam's opinion. Sam swallows thickly, pressing his lips together as he frowns slightly. "I don't know. Possibly some kind of mind control, honestly that's all I can think of. The Dean I know would've never put his hands on you like that unless something was seriously wrong. Just like when we first met, and he was possessed—he's running just like he did then. I think he knows something is wrong with him and that he's not safe to be around. This is that entire scenario all over again except for the fact he's still under some kind of mind control." Sam explains, grilling the steering wheel tightly as he speaks in a worried tone. I let out a deep sigh, nodding in agreement. "And knowing Dean...he's...very strong. We both know that. Under mind control...he could do a lot of damage." Sam finishes, sighing just as deeply as I. The anxiety inside of me grows even more as I imagine all the worse case scenarios. I stare straight at the road, my nausea only growing worse. Maybe I'm just car sick and need to pay attention to the road?

Sam notices my quietness and the fact I don't respond, and he turns to look at me—his brows furrowed with concern. "Are you okay?" He questions. I practically hold my breath as I try to fight off this sick feeling. I'm literally about to throw-up. I look up, closing my eyes for a moment as I hold back. I nod, "Yeah—um—I'm just...feeling a little sick." I explain briefly. This could be a million things. But I have a feeling it's because of how upset I am. Your emotions can most definitely affect you physically.

"Oh, geeze—well, do you need to—." Before Sam can finish I get the sudden urge to puke and I can't hold it back any longer. It's as if the flood walls break inside of me and my hands immediately rush to cover my mouth. "Sam—pull over—." I manage to muffle out as he quickly hits the breaks, pulling over onto the side of the road. I grab ahold of the door handle quickly and push it open as fast as I can, leaning over to the wet grass to vomit literally everywhere.

Ugh. This is so embarrassing.

The rain pours, soaking my hair as I cough, throwing up my entire breakfast. It's as if it will never stop. I grasp onto my shirt near my chest area, squeezing it tightly as my body thrusts every few seconds to push out every bit of food and drink that was inside me.

"Oh, God—Lena..." Sam groans sorrowfully as he places a hand on my back in an attempt to comfort me. He uses his other hand to grab ahold of all my hair, holding it back for me as I continue to belch outside of the car.