Chapter 11: Plans

[[Elena P.O.V]]

"Mommy will be back soon, I promise.  Okay baby?" I say to Thomas as I bend down and kiss his little forehead.  He grins happily, not even really realizing that I'm leaving.  He jumps up and down and runs off with his sippy cup.

"Are you sure you want to do this?  Have you thought about anything I said the other night?" Cas asks me as he hands me my leather jacket.  I let out a sigh as I shake my head.  "Sam called me and said he is almost one hundred percent positive he knows where Dean is.  I told you, I can't walk away.  He would never give up on me.  I'm gonna go get him." I say sternly as I grab my jacket from him, quickly putting it on as I hold the keys to the extra car in my hands.

I get the urge to vomit, but I hold it in as I quickly try to think about something else.  But Castiel notices immediately.  "Yeah, and what about that?  Are you sick?" He questions, his eyes filled with worry.  I shake my head, "It's just stress.  Like you said, this has all been a lot.  I'm making myself sick over it."  I say as I brush off the fact I've been puking almost nonstop at random times for over two weeks.  I don't even think twice about it.  That's not what's important right now.

"Elena...something could be wrong, you should go get—." Before he can finish I interrupt him as I begin to walk up the steps to the bunker door.  "Nope!  No time, I'm fine and I'll be fine." I say.  "I'll call you when I reach Sam and Caroline." I say before quickly heading out the door.

[[ 5 hours later ]]

I pull up into the driveway of an old cabin located literally in the middle of the woods.  It took forever to find this place successfully.  A few wrong turns later, I'm finally here.

I get out of the car and make my way to the front door, which opens before I even reach it.  "Elena, thank God you made it."  Caroline says as she quickly embraces me, her arms wrapping around me tightly.  I hug her back, smiling with tears in my eyes.  I needed this hug.

I pull away and look at her with a hopeful smile.  "Come on in, we'll fill you in on what we know." She says as she leads me inside.

As I walk inside, the first thing I see is Sam sitting at a table with his laptop in front of him and layers of books sitting on every available part of the table. There's a stereo across the room playing "Going Gets Tough" by The Growlers. He gives me a quick smile as he notices my presence, standing up from his chair quickly. He walks over to me and embraces me quickly, and as I hug him I see an open doorway to one of the bedrooms. On the floor lays some lingerie and Sam's underwear.

Well shit. Looks like Sam and Care have been doing a lot more than just trying to find Dean.

My jaw drops slightly and I gasp, trying to hold back giggles as I notice—this is a bit of a shock to me.

I pull away, grinning as I cross my arms. "So? What do you got?" I ask, making my way over to the couch. I sit down, taking a deep breath as I brace myself for information that may be a bit hard to hear.

"So...we think Katherine is behind this one—for sure." Sam starts off, clenching his jaw tightly after he finishes this first statement. Caroline crosses her arms as she watches him, letting out a deep sigh. "You know how she loves to get into his head, make him do things he would never do. This behavior of his...it's got Katherine written all over it." Sam continues.

"Exactly. So, we've been trying to track the typical fake names Dean uses to stay in hotels. We found one location a few days ago—one that's a bit expensive for Dean's taste. Sam hacked into the surveillance camera's...and this is the footage we captured." Caroline says, pressing a button on Sam's laptop to show me video evidence.

The video begins and I watch as Dean walks down the hall and into a room, perhaps one he was staying in.

"And this is hours later..." Caroline continues, pressing another button to reveal the next footage—which shows Katherine walking down the same hall and going into the same room.

As soon as I see this, my heart sinks. I close my eyes tightly and shake my head, just wanting to burst into tears. When will this end? When will this bitch die, and leave me and my life alone? It's never-ending.

"God..." I mumble in aggravation, standing up from the couch and beginning to pace back and forth in anger.

"Of course it's her. Of course this is her doing. Who knows how much she's done to him. He's been...killing random people. This is—this is the worst it's been. How is she doing it? Do we know if she has any help?" I question, looking over at two very worried expressions.

"We don't know that for sure yet. But we do know that Dean is attending a gala tonight—probably to plan something horrible. He used the same fake name which is on the guest list for this. Guess who else's name is listed." Sam says, tilting his head as he rolls his eyes. I narrow my eyes in anger, making the connection in my head.

"Katherine."

I say her name with hatred. Caroline nods, letting out another deep sigh as she looks over at Sam.

"It's about an hour from here. I figured we'd get dressed up and go. Try to stop him, get him back to the bunker and try to fix him—and figure out what's wrong with him." Sam suggests as he walks a few feet closer to me. He looks down for a moment, taking a deep breath before says what's next.

"I think you're the key here. I think if we have any chance of getting him back, it needs to be you. You need to be the one to break whatever mind control he has over him. You're the one he cares about most, besides Thomas. And we all know we can't get Thomas involved in...any of this. It's not safe. But you—you're a fighter." Sam says, swallowing thickly as he awaits my response.

"We'll find a way to dispose of Katherine and her stupid little evil plans. But I think we need to get Dean back before anything else. He's most important." Caroline adds on to Sam's suggestions.

I think for a moment, my brain beginning to go every which way as I decide what I need to do. My mind begins to give me past visuals, flashbacks from every time Dean has attacked me under mind control. But in the end, we always come out stronger.

I know we can do this. I know I can. I don't have a choice. I'm not giving up on him, he would never give up on me. I have to do this.

I slowly begin to nod, agreeing to every single thing Sam and Caroline just said.

"Okay. I'm down. When are we going? And what are we wearing?" I ask.

Sam and Caroline both look at each other, relieved smiles forming across their hopeful faces.

I hope this works.