Chapter 5: Attempting to Fix Things

I pace back and forth in the large hotel room that Caroline, Sam, Dean, and I all got for all of us. Thomas is passed out in his portable crib, while Caroline is out getting ice cream with Sam. Dean hasn't responded to my calls or texts in a few hours. I have no idea where he is. Sam claims he went for a walk, but it bothers me that he isn't responding. This isn't like him. Even when we're fighting, we both make sure to let each other know we're okay and safe.

My phone buzzes, and I quickly hold it up—hoping desperately it's a reply from Dean. Instead, it's the one person who I didn't want to hear from.

"Why is Dean parked outside my hotel room?"

The text from Damon read.

Perfect.

Damon has been staying in a very expensive, nice hotel about thirty minutes from us. Caroline found this out a day or so ago. Damon told me he would leave, and intervene if needed—something tells me that was definitely a lie. He's still sticking around.

I'm not sure how Dean found him, but I have a bad feeling about the fact he's there. I groan to myself, wanting so badly to rush over but I have no car. I'm basically trapped here, plus Thomas is asleep and I can't just leave him here.
I scroll through my contacts, clicking on Caroline's first. I press the green call button, deciding to ask her if she and Sam will be back anytime soon. Caroline and Sam took Caroline's car. I could use it to get over to Dean.

After a few rings, she finally picks up. "Elena?" She answers, concern in her voice. "Hey Care, will you and Sam be back soon? I need to get to Dean. He's drove himself over to Damon's hotel. I'm worried. I don't want anything to happen." I explain, a bit frantic.

"Dammit Dean. We're on our way back now. Do you want us to just go over?" She asks. I answer quickly, "No—no I don't think he'll listen to anyone else but me. It needs to be me. Especially if it's those two. I can't—I don't want Thomas here alone."

Caroline reassured me everything will be fine, and that her and Sam will be back in a few minutes. "Okay, just stay calm and don't worry. We'll keep an eye on Thomas, you can use my car to head over there. See you in a few." She says.

I hang up after thanking her, shoving my phone back into my pocket. I walk over to Thomas' crib, peering down into it as I watch his sweet and innocent face sleep so peacefully. He looks so much like Dean. As he's gotten older, his features have evolved much more into that of his fathers. I love it. He reminds me so much of Dean.

I notice car lights shining brought the window behind me and reflecting onto the wall. I quickly turn around, grabbing a few things before rushing toward the door. Sam and Caroline get out quickly, leaving everything on for me to just hop in. Sam gets to the door first, placing a hand on my shoulder in an effort to calm me before I go. "Elena, call me if you need back up. Don't let my brother do anything stupid." He exclaims, pulling me into a tight hug before I nod—rushing past him and Caroline to the car. I get inside, slamming the door shut as I attempt to call Dean again.

I head his way.

No answer.

[[30 minutes later]]

I pull up to the large hotel, peering up at it dreadfully. The first thing I notice is the empty impala park d near the front. Dammit Dean Winchester, he's gone inside. What is he thinking? I swear, if Damon hurts him. My phone begins to buzz and I frantically pull it from my jeans pocket.