CHAPTER 11

Amber

I sit up in a rush. I swore I had heard a car pulling up. I've spent the last three hours tossing and turning without managing to sleep.I turn to look at Nicholas who started snoring five minutes after getting into bed. I'm reminded of the fact that I heard someone outside as a car door opens and shuts loudly. I shake Nicholas.

"Nico! Wake up!" I continue to shake him until he groans.

"Amber? What is it? Did you have-". I interrupt him.

"Someone's here!" I feel  my nerves growing.

"What do you mean?" Then, our attention is brought to the window as we hear a very familiar voice.

"Nicholas! YOU SON OF A BITCH! Get down here! I'm gonna kill you!" We both look at each other, not sure about what to do. He continues to yell.

"Amber! I love you! Please! Bella! I need you!" I can hear it in his voice, he's wasted. And his words only make me feel further guilt. He's in just as much pain as I am. I turn back to Nicholas as I hear some shuffling. I watch in horror as he grabs his gun.

"Nico! What are you doing with that?" I don't want anybody to get hurt and seeing as Alessandro is currently unstable, my worry only grows.

"Relax, it's just a precaution. He's drunk and in a bad place right now. He's unpredictable and my priority is to keep you safe, no matter what it takes." He places a kiss on my head.

"Don't worry, I'll try my best to calm him down." But his words do nothing to ease my worry. I know I should stay here but I can't. I need to make sure everything's alright because I wouldn't ever forgive myself if either one of them gets hurt. So, I wait for Nicholas to get down before following him. I watch as he holds his gun up before opening the front door.

"Alessandro. You need to calm down." He stays leaning against the wall, making sure to stay behind cover.

"I need to calm down? You're telling me to calm down? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" I can make out through the windows and my view from the door that Alessandro is making his way over to him. Nicholas quickly reacts getting outside and closing the door behind him. I rush down and open the door just enough to see what's happening outside.

"You're pissed off but we both know you love Amber. How about we calm down because this isn't good for her."Nicholas speaks calmly and tries to reason with the intoxicated man before him.

"Oh, boo hoo! Poor Amber. She broke my heart!" His demeanor shifts from anger to sadness.

"All I want is to see her, so get out of my way!"He walks closer to Nicholas who in change holds an arm up to stop him from getting closer.

"You can see her, but stop yelling and put that down." Only then did I realize that he's taken out a gun and he's aiming it at Nico. I should have stayed in the bedroom but I'm here now and I don't want either of them to get hurt. So, I open the door completely and walk out looking straight at the man who I truly love.

"Bella." I take in a deep breath, hearing him call me that has me feeling all kinds of ways.

"Amber! ARE YOU CRAZY?" Nico turns around to face me and I now have both of their attention.

"Come here." Alessandro extends his arms toward me, inviting me into them. I want to get him away from here so I take a few steps in his direction.

"No! Amber, wait." Nicholas grabs my wrist tightly, pulling me back toward him. I don't get a chance to object when a gunshot sounds through the air. Then, a grunt. Time seems to slow down and I watch Nico fall to the ground. A ringing invades my ears and I can't make sense of what's happening around me.