CHAPTER 20

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
This chapter contains mature and explicit content. Reader discretion is advised.

You have been warned

Disclaimer
The lyrics are to the song I Can't Go On Without You by Kaleo
Amber

I walk through the hallways of the house. It holds so many memories, some good and some bad. I do hope that one day the bad will be completely behind me and that my life will finally be filled by mostly good.

After Nicholas left, Alessandro asked me tog ive him some space and I did. But now, it's near midnight and I can't stand this anymore. I've searched every reasonable place where Alessandro may be and there is only one more place to look. He hardly ever goes in there but I have a feeling he's in there today, he always said that playing makes him feel like he's with his mother. The closer I get, the clearer the piano sounds. Soon enough the notes are accompanied by his voice.

Well they thought they were made for each other
One thinking of one another
Never thinking just for one second
She would take a different attraction

I feel a knot form inside of me. It's as if he's singing for me.

We don't want that
We don't want that
We don't want that
Oh no

Even though he has always been honest with me, never had I heard such rawness in his voice. He sounds vulnerable and in obvious pain. He isn't just singing. No, he's pouring his soul out and it moves me to tears.

I can't go on without you
Can't go on without you, yeah
I can't go on without you

Oh Ale, neither can I. I've done things I'm ashamed of, I've made so many mistakes and I don't expect him to forgive me but I at least need to tell him. Nicholas is right, he deserves to know now. I've put him through enough pain.

Oh so, what's the point of breaking my sweet heart?
She wanted me to let down my guard
Well, you know what they say, it's better that way
So, so you better hush and walk away

He continues to sing and I just listen, feeling the pain as my own. It isn't all that hard either because I have been in pain all this time as well. I listen until his voice cracks even further.

Oh, so what is left but a broken man?
Cause nothing hurts like a woman can...

I can't go on without you
I can't go on without you, oh yeah
Can't go on without you
I can't go on without you, oh
Oh without you lord, without you
Without you babe, without you
Oh lord, you

He barely gets the last part out before I hear him completely stop. The short silence is interrupted by a sniffle. That's it. I can't do this anymore. I don't bother knocking, I push through the doors and stop when he looks at me. I barely recognize him. His face holds a mix of anger, sadness, hurt and once again...hope.

"Alessandro. We need to talk." He gets up not bothering to wipe his face and scoffs.

"Talk? You want to talk? After God knows how long and after an infinite attempts from my part you want to talk?" He starts to laugh.

"After running from me. After hiding from me. After ignoring me. After rejecting me. After all the betrayal you want to talk. Alright, Amber. Let's talk." He walks closer and for the first time in a while I feel that familiar dread. I feel afraid. His eyes are dark and void of any empathy. I shrink and keep walking backwards as he strides toward me. My breath hitches as my back hits the wall roughly. Alessandro smirks and quickly puts his arms on either side of me, effectively pinning me in between him and the wall.