CHAPTER 3

Nicholas

I finally finish up and open the door. I barely make it out of the bathroom when I feel someone pull me down and kiss me. I try to be gentle as I push Amber away.

"Amber." I hold my breath for a second as I lock eyes with her, once more I'm mesmerized by her golden irises. Her eyes are still red from earlier but that by no means takes away from their beauty.

"Nico, why do you always do this?" She talks with frustration that is not only evident in her voice but on her face, she has a frown and furrowed eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"Every time I try to kiss you or more you always hold back or push me away. Why?" She's angry but I know it's mostly anger toward life and how unfair it's been to her. The news she received today isn't easy to process and I know she's probably wondering why her life has been nothing but a series of tragic moments.

"Princess, you drive me crazy. You can't possibly imagine the amount of strength and energy it takes to resist the urge I have of being able to hold you and kiss you. I want you to be mine Amber, so incredibly bad but I would never...could never take advantage of the situation. Never think it's because of you, you're perfect. The thing is that you're going through a lot right now and even if you think you know exactly what you want, you might regret any hasty actions in the future. I can only control myself for so long and you doing these kind of things really doesn't help."

"Nicholas, my entire life I've been told what to do. Even if I regret things later, that's part of being free. I get to choose what I do or not. Don't try to make my choices for me, I appreciate the concern but please just focus on yourself for a minute. Forget everything. Forget the fact that your run the Italian Mafia for now, forget about who I am, forget about Ale, forget about responsibilities or guilt or whatever it is that's holding you back. Just close your eyes, please." It's as if by magic she's able to control me. I close my eyes without a doubt because if I'm honest, I would jump off a bridge for no reason if she asked me to, I would do anything and everything for her. I feel her attempting to wrap her arms around my neck and I bend down slightly. I feel her hand caress my cheek and her breath just a small distance away. Finally I feel her lips on mine, this time at a much calmer pace. I feel a spark shoot through my entire body and a warmth grow inside of me. Just like she said I forget about everything and focus on her and me. Without thought I pick her up and as if it were a common occurrence she wraps her legs around me without hesitation. I groan as she runs her hands through my hair.

I decide to move and make my way over to the bed and sit down, placing her on top so she's straddling me. She pulls back for a moment and I worry that she's about to tell me she doesn't want this but instead of that she surprises me and pulls my shirt off of me. She looks down and runs her hand over my stomach and chest, then over my arms as if admiring me. She looks up and smiles before kissing me once more. I feel her hands on my back as she uses her fingers to draw imaginary circles on it. I grab onto her thighs and pull her closer to me, I expect her to hesitate or move back but she doesn't. I don't know how long this fantasy will last, even if Alex doesn't ever wake up it doesn't mean she'll want me. I have no idea when or if I'll have a chance like this again so for the first time I decide to be selfish, completely selfish and focus on myself. If this is the only time I'll get to hold her like this then I'm going to take advantage of it, I'm going to memorize the feel of her, of every inch of her. I slowly move my hands up toward her hips and then I put them underneath her shirt as I make my way to her waist. Her breath hitches but she doesn't stop. I wait for a few second and I move my hands to her bare back. I pull back and we both take a moment to look at each other while softly panting. I hold the bottom of her shirt and lift it slowly, silently asking her for permission. She nods and I take it off. I gulp as I take in the sight before me. I look back up and notice that she's uncomfortable. I hold her face and make sure she's looking straight at me.