Joel on the other hand seemed like he wasn't interested with the challenge. He kept a straight face and shrug it off with a lame tone of nah.

I shook my head with the two of them then me and Athena bid goodbye to Joel. ----

"So how's your boyfriend inside the emergency room?" She asked and I started the car.

I sighed, "For the third time Atty, he is not my boyfriend. He's just a friend." I said, made it clear enough for her to understand because people love to tease me about it. Even though, I wished he was my boyfriend. We were this close to actually making things work but I didn't know how we will end up like and I didn't want to think about it, I have college to worry about.

"A very important friend?" She asked and I glanced at her with my annoyed face and it made her laugh.

Ever since I met Athena last night, I've already spent my lunch with her. She seemed so energetic and is always positive with anything. She reminded me of the Christopher that I used to date until things turned upside down and he made me questioned a lot.

I was hoping to see Georgia at the hospital but she didn't come, I assumed she's gonna come in the evening or perhaps she came early in the morning when I had classes.

I needed answers.

A close family member could do. ----

"Mom you didn't tell me that you're sleeping here tonight." I said to my mother who happened to be sitting on the couch of our apartment.

Hence, I haven't seen my dad in years. He was in Italy and I heard he was travelling to London for Christmas so that means he won't celebrate Christmas and New Year's day with us again.

She rubbed her forehead, she seemed stressed out and with that she stood up and grabbed a painkiller pill.

"Yeah I was too tired to text you but I'm glad I'm here so I can rest for a bit oh and how's high school? Is everyone nice to you?" She asked.

High school?

My parents were obviously super busy all the time that my own mother forgot that her youngest daughter is a college student.

"Ma, I graduated high school a year ago so that means I'm in college now." I reminded her.

She laughed, "Oh I'm silly, but you never skip classes right? I'm counting on you to keep the good grades in your school." She pointed a finger at me.

I nodded with a smile, I understood both of my parents work their hardest in the business industry. My mother told me weeks ago that she was opening a new fashion store somewhere in South Korea, I think she mentioned the capital city Seoul.

My dad was busy with his media thing and many more various business and marketing industry. He was doing expansion in the wine industry too, looking for sponsors and investment. He was named as the best business man in America right after Joel's father.

Joel's father was mostly in the entertainment industry, his dad has handled a lot of talented artists and he's making more money than my parents do because the entertainment industry makes a lot of money in like ten seconds.

"I'm doing fine in college, you have nothing to worry about." I assured her even though I cut fashion marketing class because I'm not the type to force myself into something that I don't like.

She smiled, I saw her eye bags appearing and her dark circles were concealed with a lot of concealer but it was still visible if you looked closely.

She was exhausted.

"I need some sleep sweetie." She said then left to enter the master bedroom upstairs.

I walked back upstairs to my room to check on my works that I've been working on. My clumsy self was shitting me at the moment because I accidentally hit my medium sized box from the table and everything fell to the floor.