Chapter 5; Fresh Bonds

Narrator POV

Lucy held Juvia by the wrist and rushed through the crowd, hoping to find a certain silver head and red head. Her eyes sparkled with glee and relief when she spotted them.

"Hey minna-san." She greeted while waving her hand and yanking Juvia towards the two.

She had to yank Juvia or not Juvia would be stuck mourning about her parents.

Mira waved back while Erza was busy studying a map.

"So what are we going to do?"

Mira simply smile and motioned her hand so the girls would follow her.

The group of girls started their walk to the campus. Let's say, the campus was huge! It had about 10 wooden cabins on the extreme left side, 5 on the right and 5 on the left with some sort of blue line drawn in the middle— probably to separate girls and boys campers. At the far right, there were 3 wooden cabins—side by side they were slightly bigger. They had the signs 'Counsellors only. Campers Not Allowed.' sloppily painted with red paint and hung on the doors.

In between the mini cabins and bigger ones, there was some sort of logs arranged in a circle and woods piled onto one another like a burnt out campfire. There were kids running around, chit chatting and laughing. They all wore grey uniformed shorts but what differentiates them were the different coloured tops they wore. They either wore Pink, Purple, White, Black, Blue, Green, Orange or Red.

"Wow." Lucy said, astounded and overwhelmed by everything. "Are those the little campers?"

"Yeah they're about 3rd or 4th grade right now." Mira snickered.

Erza rolled the map that she was previously studying and slid it into her bag. "I'm new here too. So you have to show us around Mira."

Mira nodded her head vigorously and pointed to the 3 huge buildings. "Let's visit gramps." Mira suggested as she put down her arm.

The 3 girls nodded and followed Mira like lost puppies. The kids would sometimes stop what they were doing and eye the three girls, causing them to shyly look away.

They arrived at one of the Counsellors cabin and opened the door. Inside, there was a man. A very short man. He was siting on his chair but upon further inspection, the girls realised that he was siting on a pile of books so that he could reach the desk. The man had a grey beard and wore an orange bomber jacket with a whistle tied around his neck.

In front of him, there were 3 people—1 guy and 2 girls. The guy had yellow hair and was pretty toned. He was also quite tall, towering over everyone. His eyebrows were furrowed and he had his arms folded. Lucy felt intimidated by him but act like she wasn't.

One of the girl looked like Mira but had short hair. She wore a pink shirt—like some of the kids and dark blue knee shorts. She had some sort of name tag that was clipped to her right chest.

Lucy squinted her eyes to get a better look of it. "Lisanna.." Lucy mumbled softly.

The last girl was like one of the campers. She was short. She had dark blue hair and wore a dark blue jacket with a white singlet underneath. She wore black shorts and knee length brown boots.

"Is she a camper or a Counsellor? She looks like a camper but the way she dresses.." Lucy thought to herself, eyeing the girl up and down.

"Oh hi Mira." The old man smiled.

The dark blue hair girl turned around with an emotionless face before turning back to master. "So I'm team green?"

Master nodded and took out a green shirt and bandana. "Here. We'll have a meeting later at 3pm. For now, get settle in your bunker. The girl's cabin is on the left and boy's are on the right." Master said.