SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HIS➖THIRTEEN

I'm laying down on my bed, my earplugs inserted on my ears and a novel in my hands as I peruse through the passages, reading one paragraph then jumping to another chapter, I really loved novels, the ones that involves twenty first century romance and not some ancient war story.

"Maria!" Mom calls and I pull my ear plugs away from my ear before walking down the stairs to meet her standing by the side of the stairs waiting for me, "Some one is here for you."

"Me?" I question completely stunned, I'm definitely not expecting anyone, I walk behind Mom into the living room only to see a smiling Chance staring at me.

He is wearing a slim fitted dark green jean trouser and a black collar t-shirt, his brown hair combed to perfection and his glasses strapped around his eyes. He really looked like Xander but, Xander was just different from him, the way they dressed, their auras are completely different, Xander gives out an intimidating aura and Chance.

"Hey Maria!" Chance yells enthusiastically, I'm about to wave at  him absently when he dives into me, hugging me instead, my ribs are clenched mainly because he's squeezing me against his hold, "you're so small." He comments and mom giggles.

Chance is just.... too sweet. I could already picture my face red why his he so like this, so sweet... So lovable.

He pulls away from me, "W-what are you doing here?" I ask peeping through the window if anyone followed him but no one is in sight.

"Remember? I'm going to be tutoring you?"

I wheeze turning around to look at him, his usual smile on his face, "What, no... I don't need a tutor...."

He chuckles completely ignoring me as he grabs my arm heading straight for the door, "Bye Mrs Shakespeare." he beams at Mom and I turn to glare at her, only to see her blushing?

"Wait!" I yell and he stops, "let me get my bag." He nods letting go of my hand making me rush into my room.

What the hell is he thinking, does Xander even know of this, Xander would most definitely not agree to this if he did, urgh, what if I just lock my self inside the bathroom or say I'm having cramps. What if I lie that I'm having practice at church or I —

"Homo sapien?" My door is slightly pushed open and I turn around only to see Chance poking his head from behind my door. "Wow phew you aren't naked."

He blushes, lifting his hands to rub his neck.

I quirk a curious brow, "What if I was naked and you walked in?" I ask sounding curious.

"I'll just slide away like this, out of your room like nothing happened and probably wash my eyes with sulphuric acid." he does the moon walk thing entering deeper into my room and I couldn't help but smile.

Shaking my head I grab my bag walking out of my room so that he'll follow, just so he doesn't see any of my innerwear laying on the floor.

We step into the living room and I see Mom sitting on the couch with a magazine on her hand, "see you later Mom."

"Sure and make sure you bring her home before four Xavier." Mom informs chance and he bows his head pleasantly causing Mom to giggle again.

We head outside and I turn to him,
"Why didn't you tell her your real name and the fact that you aren't Xavier."

He looks at me for seconds before shaking his head, "if only you knew Maria, you would even be more perplexed than when you saw us for the first time."

My brows are wrinkled in confusion and I don't aggravate the conversation as he opens the door for me to enter.

"This way Milady." I bit my lower lip as hard as I can concealing my smile.