SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN HIS➖TWO

"Dad?" I question raising an eyebrow,
"What are you doing here, in my school!"

He shrugs walking towards me, "You didn't tell me you got detention again today," he points out moving close to me to hug me, "You're usually not like this Maria, is anything wrong, you can tell me I'm your old man right."

"Yeah."

He pulls me at arms length to stare at me worriedly and I feel bad that I can't tell dad or even mom about my problems, but there were so much at stake, Mr Manuel just got married and I need a good grade, everyone in school adores him. it would be almost impossible for people to believe my own side of the story.

"So why are you holding back?" Dad questions again and i am beginning to wonder where the questions were coming from, I just hope he doesn't know, "By the way isn't that Xavier Adonis, the kid that kept sending you funny love letters back then?" I laugh nervously shifting away from dad, I can't believe dad still remembers.

"No that's not him, I don't know that kid before." I lied watching by the corner of my eye as he straps his helmet on and zoomed off.

"But I saw you talking to him minutes ago." Dad pointed out winking at me.

And I couldn't help but roll my eyes, as I hid a smile, "Dad, can we not talk about this."

He smiles and playfully elbows my arm, "Sure, sure."

I love my dad, him and Mom have always been supportive of any and every decision I make as long as it's for my own good, I couldn't be more blessed.

I walk side by side with dad as we made it to his car and he opens the door for me, "this way my princess." I force out a laugh entering into the passenger seat.

And he walks around entering into the driver's seat about to start the  engine when a loud cry stops him.

"Mr Shakespeare, such an honour to meet you again!"

My body stood numb, that I became motionless, I could feel my pulse thumping against my ears.

Why me, why now!

Dad turns towards my side to smile at him, I could feel my heart pound against my chest, what does he want now, "Mr Ma—?"

"Mr Manuel." He completed.

His name was beginning to prick at my skin.

Dad nods, "Sure, I'm sorry about my Maria, I don't know why she keeps getting into trouble."

Mr Manuel smiles placing his arms on the opened side window of the car, yes the one close to me and I wish I could just melt.

I stay quiet counting backwards as he parts his lips to talk.

"Maria is such a PRETTY, smart girl, I think she's just getting distracted in class that's it."

I suck in a breath as dad glance at Mr Manuel then to me, "Maria distracted? except it's something really bothering her, are you okay sweetie."

"Yes. Dad, I'm a little. bit hungry can we just go home." Please.

"Sure honey after I finish talking with your teacher, we'll head home." I groan inwardly, why can't dad just understand. why can't he see my discomfort. It wouldn't even help much if he did.

"It's fine, i see Maria is tired of seeing my face for a day, say hi to your wife for me Mr Shakespeare." He pulls his hand away from the window and thankfully he didn't touch me.

"Sure thing." Dad replies casually.

"See you around Maria." He utters softly hints of desire audible in his voice, I watch by the corner of my eye as he walks away  then all of a sudden he turns around to blow a kiss to me, I turn to look at dad and his gaze is glued to his steering wheel, completely oblivious of what just happened.