Chapter 13

"This is all my fault" I said with my face still in my hands as Daniel parked the car across the street from the skatepark. He put his hand on my arm and said
"Hey don't blame yourself for this, ok? None of this that happened was your fault and you don't deserve this. So please don't blame yourself, for me?" I took a second to take in what he said and looked him in the eyes and said nothing but just nodded in agreement. "Ok so you ready?" He said as he reached to open his door. I took a deep breath in and nodded yes and we got out the car. We walked to the skatepark and started looking for him. Dani and I saw him doing tricks with some of his friends, he kept messing up though. That's weird, he usually always lands his tricks. I thought to myself. The same girl from earlier was here too and she began walking up to him.
"What does she want with him now" Daniel said sounding really annoyed.
"Who even is she?" I said as I leaned against a tree and faced Dani.
"Gabbie"
"The one who cheated on him!?"
"Yeah"
"Why the fuck would he want to get back with her!? He knows how much it hurts when the person you love cheats on you, so why would he want me to feel like that again. He knew how much it hurt when Nathan did this....why did I ever trust him. Why would THE Jack Avery ever want to be with me I'm just , y/n Marais the girl living in Jonah's shadow." I said now crossing my arms and looking down at the floor. Daniel started walking closer to me and we were now only a few inches apart. I turned to see Jack hugging Gabbie and kissing her.
"Y/n never say that. You shouldn't have to feel this way. He doesn't deserve you and you don't just live in Jonah's shadow, your so much more than that and-" He got cut off by a fan
"Y/N MARAIS AND DANIEL SEAVEY IS THAT REALLY YOU GUYS" someone shouted, causing Jack to pull away from Gabbie and turn towards us, making direct eye contact with me. I felt filled with anger and jealousy I don't know what I was thinking but next thing I knew I wrapped my arms are Daniel's neck and leaned in. I began to kiss him and he didn't hesitate to kiss back. He wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me closer. I knew Jack was looking at us. What am I doing. Why am I doing this. I know this isn't right, but I didn't want it to end. We continued kissing for another few seconds until I pulled away. We stared into each others eyes before I turned to Jacks direction to see him looking right at us. He began walking in our direction, Gabbie tried stopping him but he kept walking. I really didn't want to talk to him so I grabbed Dani's hand and started walking back to the car. There were a lot of people recording and taking pictures but I didn't care I just needed to be somewhere where he's not. We were crossing the street halfway when Jack started jogging to catch up to us.
"Y/n Daniel please wait! I really need to talk to you guys and explain everything!" He shouted from behind us. I ignored him but Daniel turned around and stopped when we got on the sidewalk.
"Y/n maybe we should listen to him, your clearly not over him and maybe if you talk everything out-"
"There is nothing to talk about Dani. He cheated. End of story"
"Yeah but didn't you also cheat by kissing me too if you guys aren't officially over?" He was right. I was just as bad as him, I only did it out of anger though. Jack did it by choice the first time. I got into Dani's car as Jack caught up to us.
"Y/n please can we just talk" I rolled my window down an inch to talk to him.
"What is there to talk about Jack? We're over, you're obviously back with Gabbie so why do you keep chasing after me." I said. By this time Daniel had gotten in the drivers seat and was just silently listening.
"No please I don't want us to be over. I'm not with Gabbie I want to be with you, please y/n. I love you" He said with a few tears. I felt bad for not wanting to let him say anything but I was doing the right thing...right?
"You don't love me Jack" I turned to Daniel and gestured for him to turn on the car. "And if you did you wouldn't have kissed her when we were still together"
"Were? No no no please y/n we can fix this"
"Daniel  go" I said and he began to drive.
"Y/n no please don't go" Jack said as Daniel started getting out the parking spot. He began to drive out the parking lot and drive away. Jack just stayed standing there looking broken.
"I love you" He shouted as Daniel drove away. A single tear fell down my cheek. I really hope this was the right decision..
Jack's POV
Daniel started diving away. There were a few fans nearby but I didn't care at this point anymore. I just wanted her to know I love her.
"I love you" I shouted as they started driving away. Even though I knew she couldn't hear me anymore I still said,  "I'll always love you"
I started to skate back home knowing the guys were probably worried about where I went. My head was filled with so many thoughts I could hardly even focus on where I was going.
I just wanted to explain. I didn't mean to kiss Gabbie. I didn't even want to kiss her. Why was I so stupid I just lost someone so amazing, I might've lost her forever...
Y/N's POV
The drive back was quiet. I put my headphones on with the volume all the way up. I didn't really wanna talk to anyone right now, I just needed some time alone to think everything through. The one thing I couldn't understand is when I kissed Daniel I think I enjoyed it? But why did he kiss back? He wouldn't have feelings for me but I know he wouldn't just do it to hurt his best friend, he's not like that. Maybe we'll talk about it later. I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't even realize we got home until Daniel waved his hand in front of my face. I took one headphone out and he said
"We're here" while pointing to the house.
"What are we gonna do if any of the guys find out about that post..? I'll have to tell them about the whole Jack thing" I said nervously.
"Yeah about that... um Corbyn and Zach actually already know about you and Jack being together" I was shocked hearing this.
"What? How" I said as I turn my body to face towards Dani.
"At the party we saw you guys on the couch and then saw you walk into that other room and kinda guessed about what happened in there.."
"Shit I forgot that happened. Ughh I'm such an idiot"
"You're not. We should go inside though"
"Yeah" We both got put the car and walked inside and found Jack sitting on the couch. Daniel looked at me and back at Jack and left. Leaving us alone. Oh no.