Thirty-one

"Well, you just ruined your 20th Birthday present, kid

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Well, you just ruined your 20th Birthday present, kid."
______

The first ever rays of the lovely sun shone through the little but classy kitchen window, the best time to watch the sun rise, Cassandra Jones always told her kids. She told them how she used to go out in the early morning, meeting their dad under the rising sun, and watching its beauty. MJ admired her mom very much. She loved listening to her soothing voice and how much detail she gave them about their story, that she could actually picture them in her head. Her mom was in her opinion the definition of kindness and imaginary in person. How she always used big words to describe little things, like how green the grass on the field was, when she met their father for the first time. Or how the butterflies felt like when they shared their first kiss. Michelle couldn't imagine how much love her mother had felt in her childhood.

This day was the day after their decathlon academics. And Michelle spent her weekend with her family, doing a picnic on the very same field her parents had met the first time ever. They watched how the sun startet to rise in all its glory. Seeing how the sky changed colors for just a short time. The younger jones were fascinated by the nature's beauty. How the flowers shone in the morning sun golden.

"Don't you think that nature is the definition of perfection?", he whispered, his brown eyes watching the yellow flower lovely. Picking up the flower from the ground, Michael gave it to his sister, a smile widened on his lips.

Michelle took the flower in her hand and smiled at her little brother. Nodding to his questions, the two teens watched their parents.

***

Meanwhile Peter visited the SI. He entered the building and used his badge, which was deep deep down in his backpack, to go trough closed door. His swipes his batch on the scanner, and when the light turned from red to green, the door opened slowly and FRIDAY welcomed him.

The young hero made his way to the elevator, but to his surprise, the person he was looking for, got out of it. His sunglasses was put on his face, which had a smile on his face once he saw the young boy in front of him. Tony Stark was known for many things, but for a soft spot for a teenage boy, was something utterly new.

"Hey bud, what are you doing here?", asked Tony, putting his arm around the boy's shoulder.

They both entered the elevator and went upstairs. Quiet music ran, during the ride upstairs. It wasn't something Tony wants, but his fiancée Pepper Potts, wanted to have classical music to play in the background. She always talked about, that it would loosen the mood, so that anyone could be getting a bit comfortable with it. But it didn't convince him. Knowing Pepper, she would do it anyway. And she did. Tony smiled at his future wife. He felt lucky having her in his misery life. But he also felt lucky, knowing that Peter was also there. Cheering him up anytime. He looked towards the kid, ruffling his chestnut brown hair.