Twenty-two

"Tony Stark kind of blackmailed Peter

"Tony Stark kind of blackmailed Peter."
______

The former Avengers were at the Stark Tower, discussing their next move. While those who signed the contract were bound by the government, and therefore had to tell them everything they planned. Those who refused to sign, were free and could do anything what they want, but counted as criminals.

"As Long as we don't tell the government about Bucky's disappearing, everything would be fine.", Steve crossed his arms, saying this. He wanted to find Bucky and bring him back to Wakanda.

"Look, Steve. We signed the contract, we can't hide this. They will know it, sooner or later. The best would be, telling them.", Rhodey said, standing up from the couch, and walking towards the kitchen to drink something.

Tony watched as his best friend walked to the kitchen. His thought went back to his plans to upgrade the prosthesis, so that he could walk more easily and smoothly. Looking back at the others, he also stand up.

"Steve, if you just could sign it, you would underst..."

"No, I've read it millions of times, and I don't want to be a marionette for the government. And they're going to arrest Bucky, even though it wasn't his fault.", Steve interrupted him, his eyes showing disappointment to his teammate. "And I thought you'd understand it, by now."

"You think that's easy, remember all the things we've been through. I don't want anyone to die on my watch. Steve, don't you understand that people are scared of us, of her.", Tony pointed towards Wanda, who sat on the white couch, playing with her power.

"She's still a kid.", Sam said, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, a kid with superpowers. If you all, would sign this, she would be protected.", Tony sighed.

"No, I don't need protection. I can take care of myself.", the girl looked up, her sokovian accent showing a bit, her eyes glued on Tony and Steve.

"If that's the reason, why you've called us, weeks ago. Then you've been wrong. We're not going to change our minds.", the patriot said.

"You, Romanoff, you signed the accords. You can't back off now.", Tony looked at the former Russian spy.

She stood up, her red hair bouncing with her movements. She put her hands on her hips, looking at Ironman. "No, I can't back off, but I can retire.", she said. "After we rescued Bucky."

James Rhodes came back from the kitchen, a glass in his hand. He saw the team glaring at each other.

"What did I miss?"

The bell rang, and school was out. The sun was shining warm, and no clouds were on the sky. Kids were running out of the school, saying their goodbyes to each other, and going home. Peter Parker didn't rush, he went to his locker and put his books into it, only taking those which he needed. With a light tap on his shoulder, he turned around seeing MJ behind him, smiling. He closed his locker and the two waited for Ned, to come from his class.