Chapter 13 - Better

||a/n: Hi~ It's been decades since the last update~ Are you guys still here? I'm barely breathing with all the things I have to do in school but I'm still alive.. Anyways, not gonna keep you any longer. Move on to the chapter~||

~ + ~

Though it was less than 20 minutes before the clock strikes 10, someone was still wide awake and very energetically rolling around her bed. It was a wonder that she hasn't fallen off yet.

After her little talk with Yena, the two of them kept contact through the weekends and though they didn't meet, they had spent most of their days exchanging messages and even talking on the phone.

It was something Yuri wasn't used to. Her weekends were mostly spent either studying or just sleeping all day. She had no reason to go out nor did she have anyone to talk to.. but now there's Yena.

Though it was getting late, Yuri wasn't getting tired of talking to Yena. If anything, she grew more and more active, getting excited over every message Yena sent her.

In a while though, Yena decided that it was time for them to rest.

It was a simple good night, a simple I love you... but to Yuri, it meant the world. It wasn't the first time Yena sent her a good night message... but it was different. Back then, negative thoughts would have erupted in her mind, telling her about all sorts of motives Yena could possibly have..

..But now she could read it at face value.. knowing full well that Yena genuinely cared about her, sincerely wished her a good night.. and honestly sent her an "I love you".

At that point, Yuri had already kicked and threw all her pillows off the bed. She stayed still, burying her face onto the bed for a few seconds...

Before she quickly got up to pick up the pillows on the floor. After throwing her pillows back to the bed, she turned off the lights and lay down on the bed. Though she was everything but sleepy at that moment, she closed her eyes, wanting to fall asleep quickly and skip to the next day when she could see Yena again.