Chapter 11: Talk

Though distracted, her heart still failing to calm down after what happened, Yena still managed to notice the familiar figure who sat at the park near her apartment complex. She slowed to a stop, pushing her bike along until she was in front of the girl...

And the girl looked up.

"You went to Yuri's?" Chaewon questioned. "I saw your bike outside her house."

Yena gave her a sad smile. "I did. She asked me to come in."

"You want to talk about it?" Chaewon was quick to offer her ears. Yena usually refused her offer to talk but this time, placing her bike aside, Yena sat down next to Chaewon, nodding her head.

"Where do I start?" Yena let out a weak and awkward laugh. She did nothing but avoid talking about this to Chaewon that she didn't really plan how to tell her about it.

"...Well.. for starters, I'm in love with Yuri."

"I been knew, sis."

"W-What-" Yena stuttered at the response she received before letting out a giggle. "Okay.. Maybe it's not that surprising that you already knew."

"You were so obvious okay. I know you're a nice person but you weren't just being nice." Chaewon returned the giggle, elbowing Yena. "Also.. I mean.. Have you seen yourself recently? You've been acting like a zombie. You've been lifeless ever since you and Yuri started getting distant."

"Well.. I can't deny that..." Yena sighed as she remembered how much of a drag she was to the group. She was certain that Yujin and Wonyoung were worried sick about her too. "Seoeon was the one who helped me realize my feelings. He went out of his way to cheer me up and brought it up to me."

"That's.. when.. He asked you out for ice cream around a week or so ago?" Chaewon tried to recall the events in order the piece things together.

"...Seoeon he.. confessed to me that day." Yena looked down, fiddling with her hand.

"Wait-" Chaewon's eyes widened. "He already confessed to you?"

"Mhm." Yena nodded. "He confessed to me in order for me to realize my feelings.."

"All of these details that I'm missing..." Chaewon shook her head in disbelief. She was so behind on the information.