Chapter 6: Reminded

[6:34AM]

Yuri got ready earlier than usual on this particular day. Was she excited to be back to school after a week break? Not really. She was never really eager to go to school. It would take a masochist to look forward to her school life.

Today was different though. Then again, every single day she spent after meeting Yena was different. She found herself walking around the house, back and forth, up the stairs and back down.. She couldn't sit still for a moment.

Here it was, the same nervousness she felt from yesterday. It's not like it's anything particularly special. Yena just offered that they walk to school together. To most people, it was something considered normal. But here she was, feeling like her heart was about to burst just waiting for Yena to come.

After who knows how many quick rounds she made around the house, she settled for standing by the entrance, taking small steps as she walked back and forth in front of the door. She usually used her phone to check the time but didn't have it so instead she looked at the watch she's probably wore only once before, on the day the received it. 6:48AM.

She hastily put her shoes on and picked up her bag which she had set before the door and walked out of the house. She made sure to lock the door before turning around and leaning on it.

"I.. I did say 6:50 yesterday, didn't I?" She suddenly started thinking of things like 'What if I got the time wrong' or 'What if it was too early after all'. While she was having all sorts of mental panic, her mind was immediately put to ease when a certain someone entered her line of sight.

Right on time, Yena arrives in front of Yuri's house on her bike. Her face immediately lit up at the sight of Yuri, a smile never failing to appear on her face, "Good morning."

"G-Good morning..." Yuri walked over to the small gate that separated them, opening it and stepping out, "Exactly 6:50.."

"I actually go to school much earlier but I adjusted a little bit for you," Yena winked, "So, you want to get on the bike or we'll just walk?"

"H-Huh?" Yuri should have expected the offer but it still caught her off guard. She would feel bad if Yena had to walk with her despite having a bike so she slowly replied to her, "U-Ummm.. I'll.. I'll be riding with you.. If that's fine.."

Conveniently, instead of a bag rack, Yena's bike had a passenger seat on it. Yena noticed how Yuri was looking at it and said, "This was my brother's bike. That passenger seat used to be my seat on this bike."

"A-Ahhh..." Yuri nodded in understanding and sat down on the passenger seat, "It won't be difficult to bike with me on, w-would it..?"

"I've tried biking with brother behind me! I'll be fine."Yena giggled a little. "But you should hold on to me. You might fall even if the bike is stable."

Yuri slowly placed an arm around Yena's waist, Yena clearing her throat while waiting, "You comfortable back there?"