Chapter 9: Reversal

Timidly peaking in, a familiar nervousness seeping in, Yuri went to Yena's classroom to call her for lunch. As if the world wasn't going to make things easy for her, Seoeon, who was usually by the door and ready to call Yena for her, was currently on the other side of the room, talking to Yena. 

Yuri definitely wasn't calling out to her. She didn't have the courage to.. So she continued to look into the room, wondering what she should do.

Thankfully, the person sitting in front of Yena, Sakura, had noticed her and waved. Sakura signaled for her to come inside and though she was hesistant, Yuri followed and entered the room, walking over to Yena's side.

"Ah- Oops," Seoeon sounded after seeing her. "I didn't notice you today."

"It.. It's okay.. Oppa.." 

Yuri turned to Yena, gently speaking, "Unnie.. Let's go.."

Yena flinched a little as Yuri hasn't spoken to her for days. Quietly, she got out of her seat, walking off with Yuri trailing behind her. When Yuri noticed how cold Yena was being, she couldn't bring herself to walk next to Yena, remaining a few steps behind.

Yuri had conflicting thoughts all over her mind. Some of them saying she deserves this treatment and that she should accept it.. The others being how much she doesn't like this atmosphere between them. 

Yuri was a hypocrite, she knew that much. Even though she was the one avoiding Yena until recently, here she was getting hurt because Yena was doing the same thing to her. 

Of course she's going to ignore you. She tried and tried to accept that but the image of the smiles Yena used to flash her were coming back to her. She was taking Yena's kindness for granted... She did all those horrible things to Yena while the latter only ever thought of her.

The two reach the cafeteria, getting their food before joining the group who were already waiting for them. The three already sensed the aloof aura surrounding Yena from the moment she sat on the table. 

Yena started eating her food, not doing as a little as greeting them. Chaewon looked at Yuri, who returned an apologetic gaze. They also started to eat, Yena's silence influencing the entire group to eat in silence with her. 

Yujin and Wonyoung couldn't act as energetically as usual when Yena wasn't even talking to them. Because Chaewon knew that none of them would speak up, she decided to be the hero and spoke up first.

"Yena?"