Chapter 5: Changes

[Yuri's POV]

It's my third day in the hospital. Unlike before, where leaving the hospital was what I looked forward to the most, this stay was very different. 

Though the earlier parts of my days were pretty much the same - being awkward with the nurses, watching random channels on the TV, staring out the window, once afternoon came, even with the sun setting, everything seems much brighter.

"Yah! That's mine!" 

"I asked you~"

"You didn't even wait for my reply!"

A smile crept across my face as I watched two first years argue about a mere bag of chips. 

Yesterday, after embarrassing myself by crying like a little kid, Yena-unnie asked me if she could bring the group with her to visit me. 

Of course, I contemplated about it for a long time - maybe even too long. I was so caught up with my thoughts that I almost forgot someone was in the room with me. 

Eventually, I agreed to it. Up until noon, I was slowly beginning to regret my decision, unsure of how I was going to face them after what happened in the infirmary. 

Once they arrived, however, my mind was released from those thoughts. None of them even brought it up and instead focused on asking me things like How are you? or Are you still hurt? and other things out of concern. 

Yujin and Wonyoung, rather than actually paying me any mind, were just busy playing around with each other. Yena-unnie would constantly get caught up in the first years' little bickering and would stop them whenever things got too heated. Of course, they were never really serious about it, and couldn't stand ignoring each other for more than a minute.

Among them, the person who actually talked to me the most was Chaewon. 

"Look at these people treating the hospital room like some playground," Chaewon shook her head, before looking back at me, "Then again, If they're making you all smiley like that, I guess it's a good thing."

"S-Smiley?" That's something I've never been called before, "A-Ah... Was I smiling a lot?"

"You bet," she giggled, "Anyways, let me be the only useful person in the room for you. We're in different classes but I asked some of your classmates about it and our lessons matched so I made a summary for you. Though now that I think about it, I always see your name within the top 20 of the examination lists so you might not need it."

"A-Ah, that's not it," I shook my head, "It's.. It's more like I'm always alone so I have a lot of time to study. I think I've spent most of my life with books than actual people.."

"Well, either way, since I already made it, here," She handed me a folder, "It's just outlines and stuff. It should be easier to catch up with the lessons that way."