Chapter 12: Confess

||a/n: This is officially my second favorite title. What's my favorite? Chapter 8: Rejection, of course~ Anyways, don't worry. I'm giving you good things for this chapter~||

~ + ~

"Well? What are you all the way back there for?" Yena let out a laugh. "The kids were in between us earlier but now it's just us. Are we really going to walk a meter apart?"

"I- Um-" Yuri bit her lower lip.

"Hey." Yena called out.

"Y-Yes?" Yuri allowed their eyes to meet.

....

"Yuri.. I'm going to be honest with you.. So.. Can you be honest with me too?"

~ + ~

"Yah, Yuri?" Yena called out to the younger girl. Yuri just froze in place after what Yena said. She had all sorts of conflicting feelings surrounding her. She felt safe yet cornered at the same time.

I'm not ready for this.

That thought circled Yuri's mind; she kept repeating it to herself. She knew that she couldn't run from it forever. The day where she had to face her feelings was going to come sooner or later... but she didn't want to.

She was still scared. She was still a coward.

It's no longer about not being able to trust Yena.... It was that Yuri couldn't trust herself. She couldn't even speak properly when they were alone. What if she says something hurtful again? She's done nothing but hurt Yena. After everything Yena did for her, she couldn't return anything.

Yuri didn't have to say that for Yena to know, though. Yena was aware of how anxious Yuri could be. She expected as much when she suddenly decided to talk to Yuri out of nowhere. In retrospect, she could've asked Yuri to talk to her another day so the girl had time to prepare herself.

But maybe, maybe Yena was growing impatient. After finally realizing that there was a chance that Yuri felt the same way, the drive to make a move just came to her. She knew about Yuri's circumstances - she didn't forget the fact that Yuri had issues.. but nothing will happen if the two of them never act to resolve what's between them.