Can't Buy Me Love

Start from the beginning

It wasn't an important day; it was just a regular day in the Summerlin mall. The shops weren't all that great, and Ryan pretty much lived in the Hot Topic there.

Whether he was buying, browsing, or flirting with the girl at the checkout counter. But he was still there most of the time at the mall. He usually let Spencer do his own thing, but they were shopping together.

Spencer wanted to see what the big deal with Hot Topic was.

Ryan agreed to let him come. They just made this huge shopping venture out of it. First they went to all of Spencer's favorite shops. Ryan tried his best to stay interested.

Orange Julius and Pacsun were interesting, but Ryan just enjoyed his own stores a lot better.

Ryan threw away his banana smoothie right outside the bookstore next to Hot Topic.

Spencer took another sip and Ryan cringed at the sound of air and smoothie being sucked up through the straw.

Worst noise ever and the Oscar goes to the last minute of any beverage with a straw.

Spencer looked up and his eyes widened twice in size. "No." He said simply.

Ryan turned around to him, playing with the gage in his ear. "No, what?"

Spencer took another annoying sip of his smoothie, EW some tropical flavor, and nodded towards the bookstore in front of him.

Spencer realized, thank God, that his smoothie had its last run and threw it in the garbage with Ryan's smoothie.

Spencer groaned. "No bookstore."

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "You could use with some knowledge, caveman."

Spencer smiled and nodded towards FYE and started laughing. "Let's go there so you could lose some knowledge, brainiac."

Ryan smiled at Spencer and whatever. Ryan was not a brainiac. Being smarter than Spencer really wasn't a feat. Ryan told him.

Spencer punched him in the shoulder. "Fine, let's go into the bookstore so you can show me how much smarter you are just because you took honors English and I want to skate by."

Ryan wasn't listening. He stopped listening when Spencer punched him in the shoulder. He winced, like he usually did even though it was forced, and something caught his eye.

Ryan usually didn't get distracted by shiny things, but the girl at the Hot Topic counter would just love that ring at the jewelry counter. Ryan started walking towards it, and he heard Spencer sputter behind him.

Something about him making up his own damn mind.

He really wasn't paying any attention though. He was scanning the area around the section. There were enough people around the counter that Ryan could steal a silver bracelet without anyone noticing.

Spencer grabbed Ryan's elbow and applied pressure. "What do you think you're doing, Ry?"

Ryan ignored Spencer, and started coughing on the bracelets. The owner of the cart gazed at Ryan out of the corner of his eye, before returning his focus back to the customer he was dealing with.

Ryan picked up the bracelet and shoved it in his pocket. His jeans felt five pounds heavier as he turned to leave and signaled Spencer to follow.

This was so easy; he should look into stealing as a full time job.

"Hey, kid." The owner yelled and Ryan's heart stopped.

He turned back around. "Y-yeah?" he tried to stifle his stammer as a yawn at how boring his life was.