Chapter 116

Elua's POV.

"Why didn't you tell us about your Dad's crazy plan sooner?" I ask Zuko in panic as Aang and I begin to freak out, so many thoughts and scenarios running through our minds.
"I didn't think I had to. I assumed that you were still going to fight him before the comet. No one told me you decided to wait!" Zuko shouts.
"This is bad. This is really, really bad," Aang says as he falls to his knees and puts his hands to his head in panic.
"Aang, Elua, you don't have to do this alone," Katara tells us.
"Yeah. If we all fight the Fire Lord together, we got a shot at taking him down," Toph states.
"Alright! Team Avatar is back!" Sokka exclaims. "Air. Water. Earth. Fire. Fan and sword!" He says dramatically as he holds a rather large leaf in his hand and hands Suki one too.

"Fighting the Fire Lord is going to be the hardest thing we've ever done together," I tell them.
"But, we wouldn't want to do it any other way," Aang says with a smile as we all hug each other.
"Yeah," Toph says smiling.
"Alright," Sokka says in excitement.
"Get over here, Zuko," Katara says as Zuko stands off to the side. "Being part of the group also means being part of group hugs," She states. He looks at us with a 'Do I have ?' look on his face. But, he sighs and walks over, all of us hugging happily.
"Come, I need to teach you guys one more thing," Zuko tells Aang and I as we all let go of each other. Aang, Zuko, Katara and I walk over to where we had been training before.

"There's one technique you need to know before facing my Father," Zuko tells us. "How to redirect lightning," He states.
"If you let the energy in your own body flow, the lightning will follow it. You turn your opponent's energy against them," Zuko says as he moves his arms across his body and back again, stepping along the stone floor.
"That's like waterbending," Aang says as we copy his movements.
"Exactly. My Uncle invented this technique himself by studying waterbenders," Zuko informs us.
"So...Have you ever redirected lightning before?" Aang asks him curiously as we continue with the movements.
"Once. Against my Father," Zuko states.

"What did it feel like?" I ask him as we stop the movements.
"Exhilarating. But, terrifying," Zuko states. "You feel so powerful holding that much energy in your body. But, you know that you make the wrong move, it's over," He explains.
"Heh. Well, not over, over...I mean there's always Katara and a little spirit water action...Am I right?" Aang asks nervously as he turns to Katara, who sits on a few steps beside us.
"Actually, I used it all up after Azula shot you," Katara informs him tensely.
"Oh," Aang says as his shoulders slump.
"You'll have to take the Fire Lord's life. Before he takes yours," Zuko tells him seriously.
"Yeah...I'll just do that," Aang says, looking away nervously as Zuko turns around and walks away.

That Night.

After we all had tried to take down 'the Melon Lord' and Aang refusing to kill him, we were all sitting down eating dinner in the moonlight.
"I have a surprise for everyone!" Katara says as she walks over us with a smile on her face.
"I knew it! You did have a secret thing with Haru!" Toph exclaims as we all look at her confused.
"Er, no," Katara says in confusion. "I was looking for cooking pots in the attic, and I found this," She says as she shows us a painting of a baby.
"Look at baby Zuko! Isn't he cute?" Katara coos jokingly, but Zuko doesn't look amused and neither do I.
"Oh lighten up, I was just teasing," Katara tells him.
"Katara, that's not him," I tell her, they all look at me in confusion.

"She's right. It's my Father, " Zuko states, everyone looks over to him shocked. "I'm not sure how you would know that Elua," He says with a frown of confusion.
"You look a little like your grandfather. But based on that portrait, your father is a spitting image of him," I state as I look over at the portrait of the child that grew to be a terrible person. Like father like son, I suppose.
"But, he looked so sweet and innocent," Sokka says looking at the painting in shock.
"Well, that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster and the worst Father in the history of Fathers," Zuko states, glaring at the portrait with hatred.
"But he is still a human being," Aang says, looking away from everyone.

"You're going to defend him?" Zuko asks angrily.
"No, I agree with you. Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person and the World will probably be better off without him," Aang states. "But, there's gotta be another way," He says, desperately not wanting to have to kill him.
"Like what?" Zuko asks.
"I don't know," Aang says with a shrug. "Maybe we can make some big pots of glue and then I can use gluebending to stick his arms and legs together so he can't bend anymore," He says half-joking.
"Yeah. Then you can show him his baby pictures and all those happy memories will make him good again," Zuko says with a sarcastic smile, making all the others chuckle.

"Do you really think that would work?" Aang asks naively.
"No!" Zuko shouts.
"Can we please take this seriously? This goes against everything we learned from the monks," I tell everyone.
"Exactly. I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like," Aang says as he stands up and begins to pace.
"Sure, you can. You're the Avatar. If it's in the name of keeping balance, I'm pretty sure the Universe will forgive you," Sokka says, making Aang turn around in fury.
"This isn't a joke, Sokka! None of you understands the position I'm in!" Aang shouts in anger.

"Aang, we do understand. It's just-" Katara tries to say, but Aang interrupts her.
"Just what, Katara?! What?" Aang shouts.
"We're trying to help," Katara states.
"Then when you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord without taking his life, I love to hear it!" Aang shouts as he turns around and walks away from us angrily.
"Aang, don't walk away from this!" Katara shouts to him as she goes to follow him, but Zuko stops her before she can.
"Let him go. He needs time to sort it out by himself," Zuko tells her calmly. They all turn to me as if expecting me to know what to do, I didn't have a clue.
"We can't end violence with violence," I tell them. And then, I walk away too.

Later.

I had been meditating on the beach for hours now, it was the middle of the night and there was no way I would be able to sleep. So, here I was, trying to contact Loha. But, I couldn't no matter how hard and long I tried. I was being impatient, but I needed to talk to her.
"The one time I need to talk to you and you don't show up!" I shout to the sky as I stand up angrily. I look down sadly as I calm down. "Please, I don't know what to do," I whisper, fighting back tears as I fall back to the sand and hang my head. A sudden gust of wind gets my attention, I open my eyes and look up to see someone in an Earth Kingdom dress in front of me. Loha.
"Hello, Elua," Loha says wit a kind smile.

"Loha!" I say as I quickly stand up. "Please, I need your help. I don't know how to help Aang," I tell her, desperately needing advice from someone who had been in my place before.
"You must let him figure it out, by himself," She tells me. That's not very helpful.
"But...I'm meant to help him, protect him, guide him, keep him safe," I state.
"That does not mean you have to do everything for him," Loha states. "You must protect him, but he must learn many things on his own or he will never grow," She informs me.
"What do I do then?" I ask in confusion.
"Be there when it is time to bring balance back into the world," She tells me as she starts to fade away. Within a few moments, she's gone, and I am left alone...all alone.