Chapter 27 (The Blue Spirit)

Elua's POV.

I was Zuko's prisoner for weeks, but last night I escaped. It was great, for about two seconds. A few hours after I escaped, I was captured by Zhao. So now I am chained to a wall by my hands and feet, so I can't bend. I have to say that being Zuko's prisoner was better than this, I was just in a cell and could move around and I got food, well something resembling food. I had heard yelling in the cell next to mine a while ago, I'm not sure who it is that's in there but I hoped they were alright. As I sit here...or rather hang here, I begin to think about my the last few weeks...

Flashback.

I was sitting in my cell meditating, I had been trying to get to the spirit world or contact a past Nadir but had yet to have any luck. I close my eyes and take deep breaths and after a few minutes, I open my eyes. I look around in confusion for a few moments, I was in a completely different place. It was colorful, peaceful and really just...beautiful. I smile as I realize that I had got to the spirit world. I stand up and look around some more, I see trees, soft-looking grass, several spirits running around and a woman in Earth Kingdom clothing sitting in a circle made of stone. I frown in confusion as I walk over to the woman. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Hello, Elua," She says in a soft voice, I frown in confusion.
"How do you know my name?" I ask her, she motions for me to sit in front of her. I hesitate but, I listen and sit down cross-legged.
"I am one of your past lives," She states, my eyes go wide.
"You're a Nadir?" I ask her in shock, she nods.
"Yes, My name is Loha," She states. "I was the Nadir before you," She explains.
"During Kyoshi's time?" I ask in curiosity.
"Yes, I helped Kyoshi in many ways," Loha tells me. "We were best friends," She says smiling.

"I've never been able to contact you before," I state, she smiles softly at me.
"Perhaps, you were simply not ready before," Loha tells me.
"I suppose," I say as I shrug my shoulders. "Loha, I don't know how to help Aang," I tell her. "How do I guide him down the right path?" I ask her, I had been so unsure of everything and I felt as though I couldn't do anything correctly.
"It is not your job to guide him down the right path, he must do that himself," Loha states, I frown. "You must help guide him through the spirit world and bring Balance back to the world," She tells me as if it was the simplest thing.

"But, how am I supposed to help Aang defeat the Fire Lord if I can't even help him get to the spirit world?" I ask her, she smiles again.
"You will know what do to do when it is time too," She informs me, I sigh as I stand back up.
"I should get back," I state. "Thank you, Loha," I say as I bow to her gratefully.
"I will always be here to help you, Elua," She tells me, I smile and nod. I walk back to where I came into the spirit world and sit down. I close my eyes again, take deep breaths and when I open my eyes again...I'm back in my lonely cell.

End Of Flashback.

I shake my head as I come out of my thoughts. I turn my head and see the door to my cell opens and a person with a blue mask walks in, holding two swords.
"Who are you?" I ask, my voice cracking from not speaking much in the last few weeks. The person walks up to me and swings his swords, breaking the chains that were around my hands and feet with their swords, making me fall to the ground. I stand up and stare at this mystery person as he starts to leave the cell. I look around in confusion, but I decide that following him is better than staying in here.

"Why did you help me?" I ask him as he opens another cell door and begins to walk in, I am about to follow him but he motions for me to stay. I sigh but listen to him. After a few minutes, the masked person comes out of the room, dragging someone behind him.
"Aang?" I whisper as I see my little brother, he turns to me and smiles wide.
"Elua!" He shouts as he runs over to me and engulfs me in a hug, I smile as I hug him back. "I've missed you so much," He whispers as I feel a few tears fall on my clothes, making my eyes water.