Chapter 72

Elua's POV.

We had been standing in a long line of people for a while but, it was finally our turn.
"Invitation, please," A guard says to us, holding his hand out.
"I think this will do," Toph says as she shows him a piece of paper with the official seal of the Beifong family. He looks uninterested and doesn't look down at the paper.
"No entry without an invitation. Step out of line, please," He tells us.
"Look, the Pangs and the Yum Soon Hans are waiting in there for us. I'm going to have to tell them who didn't let me in," Toph tells him, more so threatens him.
"Step out of line, please," He says again, this time with the slightest bit of anger.

We walk out of the line in defeat. I look around for any other way of getting in, but there didn't seem to be one. I see a man get out of a carriage, he was obviously part of the official people of the palace. I smile as I get an idea, I grab Toph and Katara's hands and walk over to him.
"Sir, I'm sorry to bother you, but my cousin lost our invitation, you see she's blind. Do you think you could help us?" I ask him in a fake distraught tone, he looks unsure. "Our family's inside and I'm sure they're very worried," I tell him in fake sadness, he smiles as he bows to us.
"I am honored, please come with me," He says with a kind smile as we walk past the guard and into the palace. Katara looks around in awe at all the fancy people, food, and furniture.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" The man asks as he looks around smiling. "By the way, I'm Long Feng. I'm a cultural minister to the king," He tells us
"I'm Juna, this is Kwa Mai, and that's...Dung," I lie with a sweet smile. "Ow!" I whisper as Toph punches my arm at the name I gave her.
"Now where is your family? I'd love to meet them," Long Feng tells us. I pretend to look for our 'family'.
"Um...I don't see 'em right now. But I'm sure we'll find them soon. Thanks for all your help," I say as we try to walk away but Long Feng blocks us.

"Don't worry, as your escort, it would be dishonorable to abandon you, ladies, without finding your families first. We'll keep looking," Feng says as we start to walk around. I look over to the girls, unsure of what to do now. After a while, we find Sokka and Aang who are dressed as busboys.
"Another crab puff please," Toph says to Sokka, he turns around and sighs in relief as he sees us.
"You found us," Aang whispers.
"I'd know your little footsteps anywhere Twinkletoes," Toph says as she takes a crab puff from the tray Sokka is holding.
"Thanks for letting us in," Sokka says sarcastically.

"Sorry, but the guy who escorted us in, won't let us out of his sight," I tell him as I nod my head behind me.
"What guy?" Sokka asks confused, I look behind me and see...no one. I look back at Sokka, just as Joo Dee runs over to us.
"What are you doing here? You have to leave immediately, or we'll all be in terrible trouble," Joo Dee says in destress.
"Not until we see the King," I tell her stubbornly.
"You don't understand. You must go," She tells us as she shoves Sokka, making him bump into Aang, which makes Aang spill tea all over a guest.

"Ahhh!" The lady shouts, now covered in hot tea and her makeup all messed up.
"Sorry! No, don't shout," Aang tells her as he sends a gust of at her, making her hair go crazy.
"The Avatar. Ooh, I didn't know the Avatar would be here," She says smiling as everyone looks over at Aang and the room becomes very quiet.
"You keep their attention while I look for the King," Sokka whispers to Aang.
"Watch this everybody!" Aang shouts as he jumps onto the big table in the middle of the room and starts to bend the beverages from people's cups into the air, spinning all the different colored liquid around and entertaining the guests.