I sigh again. By the time I'm done here, I'm sure I will have no air left in me from all the sighing.

"Look, I really don't want to fight with you but can you turn your music down? I'm reviewing for my calculus exam."

"Calculus is so easy, why do you have to review?"

This shit.

"Because I want to. So turn that down before I do."

"I'm reviewing too."

"With that music? You can focus on that loud music on?"

"Yep... You're the king baby I'm your Queen"

I raise my eyebrow at him. What now? That sounds gay. Also, I never want to be a king, it's so hierarchical.

I ignore his craziness.

"But I can't and I really really need to review-"

"Why don't you review tomorrow at the library?"

"I can only review in my room and at night."

"Poor you."

"Yeah poor me so-"

"You can tell me when it's over. If the high was worth the pain. Got a long list of ex-lovers. They'll tell you I'm insane. 'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game."

Really? What the hell is wrong with him?

"Can you stop singing while I'm talking?"

"Oh no. Screaming, crying, perfect storm-"

"Fuck. Stop that. You're making me crazy just stop really-"

"Oh my God, who is she?"

Okay who now? Can he see someone behind me? I look at the hallway behind me but it's deserted. Is it a ghost?

"What? Who? Who are you talking about?"

"Wait wait stop talking this part's my favorite- 'Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."

Yeah. You are my nightmare.

But in all fairness, he really has a b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶ very very annoying voice.

He looks at me with sultry eyes while singing that line. I don't know what he's trying to achieve. I roll my eyes.

"What the fuck did you just do?"

"I sang, you fool."

"More like reciting a poem for me."

"You're just jealous because I have a golden voice."

Narcissistic.

"Right. I'll be direct here. Turn the fuck your music down because I really want to ace my exam and no obnoxious person like you can stand in my way."

"I want to ace mine too. You know what- just leave this place and move somewhere because I'm here before you."

"If I could, I would have done that the moment I heard Welcome To New York blasting from your apartment but I didn't, right? Because the landlady said I have to pay for a shitload of money to transfer and move to another room here that is not beside you."

"Not my problem then that you're a broke student."

"It is. It's your fault that I can't concentrate because of your shits. You're annoying not just me but everyone."

He looks at the deserted hallway beside me and smirks at me. "Everyone? Then where is the annoyed everyone? I can only see you here, shouting at me."

My question also.

"I don't know but please, I'm begging you, can you like at least, lower it down?"

"I said no already, right?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

"I can also ask the same thing to you. You're the one here disturbing my solitude and spouting shits to me. So, get lost."

Solitude? He really said solitude. Ha.

"I fucking hate you."

"That's my goal and goal achieved."

He's about to close his door but before I could open it wider to feast my eyes on, he covers his entire room for me to see, his secret probably.

"What are you hiding there?"

He glares and frowns at me. "No. Nothing."

Okay just my theory, what if he's a murderer and he's blasting that godawful noise so I wouldn't hear the pleads of the help of his victims. I stay far away from him, who knows what this psychopath might do to me.

"Really?"

He smiles again. "Not your story to learn."

So there IS a story behind this and I'm not Kongpob if I'm not curious. I'll have to know it.

"So does this mean you're not going to lower your music down and I'm gonna have to suffer all throughout the night?"

"Yes."

'Cause we're young and we're reckless
We'll take this way too far

"Even if I promise you my life?"

"Yes."

"But-"

"I've got a blank space baby. And I'll write your name. Bye asshole."

"Wait-"

Too late. He slams the door in front of me and locks it.

Now, where will I go from here? He's hopeless. I'm hopeless. My situation is hopeless.

What's better than a soul to offer for my parents? Because I'm all ready to do it.

//