13

Since I only had an hour, I put on a more semi-casual dress. I brushed out my hair, brushed my teeth, and redid my eye make up to look like I put more effort. I put a little bit of my fancy perfume.

I got into my car and made my way over to Breadsticks. I was partially confused with why he wanted to go to dinner when we only saw each other a few hours ago.

I arrived at Breadsticks. I put on my Lip gloss and took a deep breath. I got out of the car. I felt a rush of air flow on me. It was warm but had a slight breeze. I loved these August evenings. I walked inside the main entrance and saw Sebastian waiting for me at a booth towards the table.

"Hey!" I smiled as I walked over and gave him a kiss.

"Hi," He grinned.

"It's a little odd that you now just bring up the whole Breadsticks dinner. Usually you have pre arranged plans." I pointed out.

"Well, there is something I should tell you..." he started. "It's better if you take a seat."

"Uh, okay?" I gave him an odd look. "Couldn't you have texted me?"

"Yeah, but I always seem to do better if I work through my problems." He looked at me.

"Okay..." I nodded. Still confused.

"Do you ever feel like you are not sure what you should do when both outcomes of a situation is bad?" He asked.

"Yeah, sometimes I do." I agreed.

"Well, I'm this situation I am stuck choosing between two things... one makes me happy but the other means exposing something I never want to talk about or anyone to know." He stated.

"Remember when I told you the story about my mom dying?" I reminded him.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"That was something that was very hard for me to talk about." I added. "In some ways, that is kind of like the thing you don't want people to know or talk about. I may not know what it is, however I think if it's personal to you then I would go with that."

"Then, this is going to be hard to say." He gulped.

"You can tell me anything." I reassured.

"We need to break up." He responded.

"Wait—wait...what?!" I stuttered.

"I don't want this either, believe me." He shook his head. His eyes were watering. I can see he was about to cry.

"Sebastian?" I felt my eyes to water too. "Why do we need to break up?" I asked. "I know you too well. You never cry and it hurts to see you cry. What's really up?"

"Someone has something that is against me and if I didn't break up with you, then he would tell everyone." He shook his head. I put my hand on his.

"Sebastian, I have a better idea." I brought up.

"Anything is better than this." He nodded.

"Here follow me. Let's blow this place and go on a walk." I stated as I pulled him up. Sebastian left a 20 dollar bill on the table for our drinks. We walked outside where we were alone and began our stroll.

"What's your idea?" He asked.

"How about we date in secret like we did for the longest time last year, and that way nobody needs to know." I suggested.

"I can't ask you to go through another secret relationship." He shook his head.

"Sebastian, if you have something that you don't want to share, I completely understand the situation. I think we can just hide our relationship from the Warblers." I offered.