Chapter 19

Hannah POV

I couldn't get out of bed. My heart was aching. The record player was playing put your head on my shoulder. "Oh Roger." I said under my breath. Why would he? Something seems wrong about that. Angel walked into my room and sat on my bed. She moved my head to her lap. "Oh baby girl." She said playing with my hair. "Oh my god you need to brush your hair." "I just don't care anymore." I sighed.

Angel was pissed at me for saying that, but continue playing with it. Trying to get rid of knots. "It's been almost a week. You haven't even been taking care of yourself. Please come with me to get my hair done, I'm getting it done next Tuesday." She begged. "Fine." I rolled my eyes.  A fragile smile formed on her face.

I finally got out of bed and headed to class. I'm so close to getting my doctorate. I put on sweatpants a sweatshirt and a hat to cover my hair. As I walked out the door I heard Sage. "Wait for me." She said in a snotty tone. 

"Girl you look horrible." She said as we got on to the side walk. "I know that already." I said looking down at my feet. "What's wrong? Are you still not over roger?" She said harshly. "No not at all." I sighed. "Well how about after class we go to the bar!" She smirked. "Oh um sure?"  "I'll make you extra pretty." She smiled.

~

After class we got back to the dorm. I changed into a little blue dress and wore a matching cardigan. My hair was too knotty to brush out so I put it in a bun.

We were about to walk out when Angel stopped us. "Where do you think you're going?" She asked us "just to the bar love, Hannah and I are gonna have some fun." Sage said "Don't do anything stupid okay?" Angel hugged me.

The bar didn't have the same feeling as it did the first time I was there. I noticed small details I didn't beforehand. The chipped paint on the ceiling. Broken windows. It wasn't some fun place were you go party anymore.

Sage and I sit at a table. "Girly I need to give you some advice about boys." She said as a waiter gave us a bottle of vodka. "Fuck em okay?" She continued. "But Roger." "If Roger really loved you we wouldn't have play games. Maybe he thought the other girl was pretty." She handed me a glass. "How would you know?" I asked. "Well I mean he cheated on you." She tried to explain. "Fuck you I'm leaving." I said angrily.

I left and ran to the pond by our dorm. Looking into the reflection I could see all of the stars in the sky.  "Something doesn't seem right." I said skipping a rock on the pond. "Maybe I should talk to him." I don't know what to do. Roger is special to me even if he so called 'cheated' on me, which I'm starting to believe he wasn't.