Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Is it Over?

Marinette's POV

"Tikki! I'm glad you came!" I hugged her after she removed the rope tied on my hands and feet.

I saw Tikki tearing up so I frowned at her. "Is... something wrong?"

She cried harder and started to say something. "I-I'm sorry... Marinette! *sniff* i-it's my... *sniff* fault. I didn't *sniff* know that... *sniff* that he's akumatized." She sobs.

"Tikki... don't say that it was your fault. It was my mistake. I should've known that he's akumatized because of him acting strange earlier. But there is no time now Tikki. I need to transform, Adrien is inㅡ!"

"Oh, how sweet! Saving the ex-boyfriend now huh, Marinette?"

I was stunned when I heard his voice. I turned around terrified. He is frowning at me and looks so mad.

"L-Lukaㅡ"

He sighed and shook his head. "The show is over, Marinette... or should I say, Ladybug?"

Once again, I was shocked. H-How did he know..?

Of course, he will know! Tikki is right there by your side, floating beside you!

Oh right, crap.

"Here, catch!" And then he threw something at me which I failed to catch it so It ended up hitting my head.

"Ow!"

He shook his head. "Still clumsy..."

After rubbing my head, I looked at the object that he threw at me. I picked it up from the floor and my hands were shaking.

"N-No! This c-can't be!" I yelled. I threw him my death glare. I can say that my face is already red now. "What the hell did you do to him?? Why do you have his staff?!"

He smirked at me and came closer to me. I saw Tikki hiding behind my back.

"The answer is simple, Bugaboo. I killed him~" He sang.

My grip on the staff became tighter. Tears started to form in my eyes and I tried so hard not to cry in front of him to show him that I am strong and I will make him pay to what he did to Chat Noir. 

Chat... I'm sorry that I failed you.

I lost my balance and fell on the floor. I can't take it anymore... this is too much. Why do I have to suffer like this?? Did I do something wrong?

"Mari, get up. You're crying over him? He's not worth your tears!" He yelled at me and frustratedly pulled his hair.

I looked up at him and glared. "You will pay for this Luka!"

His mouth formed an 'o' and then closed it. "Should I be scared? Okay, forget it. Come on in!"

I frowned and looked at the door.

"M-Marinette!" Tikki yelled.

"Tikki, run. Find help okay? Tell them about my location. Now go!" I instructed her. There's no much time left.

"But M-Marinette..."

"Tikki... I'll be fine." I assured her and tried to smile at her to show her that I'm going to be fine.

She nodded quickly while tears still running down her cheeks and flew away.

I faced Luka only to see that it was too late already. The butterfly is already in front of me.

I closed my eyes and whispered.

"Adrien, I love you..."