Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Akumatized

Marinette's POV

"Luka, what are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

Let's face it, I'm not expecting him to be here, I-I'm expecting someone else.

He just smiled at me warmly then pulled me in for a hug. I was shocked at first but I started to return the hug to him.

He seems unusual today

I just shrugged at that thought and focused at the guy in front of me. "Why are you here?" I asked him again.

He smirked at me. "Why, Marinette? Am I not allowed to go to the mall?"

"I-I yes..? I mean! I'm just surprised to see you here. What a coincidence!"

I looked away from him and avoided his gaze. Ever since he confessed his feelings that are only getting deeper, I started to feel awkward around him. I'm starting to feel a bit conscious of myself whenever I'm around him.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

I'll choose the latter.

"I heard that he didn't come that night."

I faked a smile at him. "Yeah, what's the point anyway? He doesn't even love me or worse, he didn't really love me. What's the point if he did come that night, right?"

An awkward silence surrounded us until I decided to break it.

"I better go inside now." I smiled at him before going inside when a hand stopped me, holding my wrist.

"Marinette, I need youㅡno, my sister needs you. Juleka, she'sㅡ"

My eyes widened. "What? What happened to her?!" I asked panicking a little.

I was shocked when he kneeled down and held both of my hands. "Marinette please help us." He pleaded.

I nodded at him without thinking any second thought, we both ran to the exit of the mall.

🐞🐞🐞

"Where is she?" I asked while looking around their boat.

There's no sign of her.

I became scared when I heard an evil laugh behind me.

Fudge.

"You easily fell for that Marinette?? You know what? I find you beautiful but you're so easy to fool! Now I know how that jerk fooled you because you are too foolish!" Then he laughed again.

"L-Luka."

He's akumatized.

And the worst part is

It's because of me.

***

A/N: Sorry for the short update.