Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Favor

Marinette's POV

"Marinette are you sure you don't want to eat dinner before you go to Alya's house?" Mom asked.

I shook my head and smiled. "No thanks mom, I'm fine. I'll just eat dinner there, have a great evening!" Then I stormed out of the bakery.

I'm not really going to Alya's house for a sleepover. I just want to stroll the city tonight. Wind blowing off my hair, embracing the coldness of it.

"Tikki? Is it okay if Iㅡ"

"Go ahead Marinette. It's fine." I patted her head and walked towards an alley before I transformed.

🐞🐞🐞

Here I am, staring at the city lights. Cars passing by. Surprisingly there is no traffic.

Hmm, I wonder where is Chat Noir tonight? He should be here tonight, patrolling with me...

I admit it, I miss him a lot. He's been a great companion, a corny joker, and an awesome partner.

I can't imagine fighting Hawkmoth by myself. I don't know how my life would be without this happening to me. Tikki, Master Fu, they just showed up out of nowhere which I was thankful for. Including him.

"Ladybug..?"

Okay, now I'm hearing his voice. Do I miss him that much? Wow, I can even see him standing in front of me. I think I'm hallucinating.

"Are you sick? You should've stayed at home and rest. I can handle this by myself."

Oh gosh, he's talking to me. Wait, is he real or just my imagination?

"Chat Noir..?"

"Yeah?"

He's real.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Don't bother me here. I'm fine."

He sat beside me and hugged his knees. "Ladybug, I have something to tell you." He looked at me and smiled. Not his typical smile.

"What is it?" I kept on fiddling with my fingers. That's what I do when I am nervous. I feel like something bad is going to happen.

"Can you handle Paris on your own?"

I laughed. "What kind of question is that? Are you joking or something?"

"I'm serious Ladybug."

I cleared my throat and avoided his stare. Okay, he is serious. "Sorry. Anyway, why did you ask me that... kind of question?"

He gazed at me and then showed me his toothy grin.

"I have a favor to ask you. Okay, maybe it's not really a favor at all. Just please do it for me. There's this girl named Marinette. She studies at Collège Françoise Dupont and lives at the bakery across the street. You probably know that already since we saved her a lot of times. Please, take care of her for me, while I'm away. I'll be back, promise. And promise me that you will look after her."

I was shocked and everything. Well, who wouldn't be?? He's talking about me! Does he have feelings for me..? As Marinette?

"Okay, I promise. But why do I need to take care of her? Do youㅡ?"

"I don't know. It's complicated. But all I know is that she's special to me."