•18•

Michael 🥰

"Ma, can we stop by the gas station right quick?", I ask her. We were on our way to Ley's house so they could meet each other.

Am I scared? Hell yes.

"Why? We're right around the corner.", she points out. "I know, I just want a pack of gum.", I tell her.

With a roll of her eyes, she pulls into the somewhat packed gas station.

I quickly hop out and make my way in, walking straight to the candy aisle. I grab my favorite spearmint flavored gum and make my way to the register.

However, some big-bodied, wide-backed, horse-faced, long-lipped ass girl stopped me.

"Can I help you?", I asked in my normal irritated voice. "Indeed, you can.", she answers.

To add on to her terrible appearance, her breath was KIIICKIIING...

"Hold that thought, si- ma'am."

Walking around her, I pay for my gum and hand her a pack.

"What's this for?", she questions, looking at it weirdly. "Take a wild guess.", I answer, walking away. "Godspeed, my sister.", I add.

"Wait!", she yells, catching up with me. I stop and turn around.

"Can I have your numb-" "Nope, I'm in a happy relationship with Satan's daughter.", I answer, and turn back around.

"Your girlfriend don't let you have friends?", she asks. "You want me to call her right quick?", I ask her. Like a dumbass, she nods.

Pulling out my phone, I quickly dial her number and FaceTime her.

"Hello?", she says, putting her face into the camera. "Wait a damn min- who is that in the background?", she questions, raising her voice.

Readjusting my hand, I make sure that the random girl's face could be seen.

"Damn, this yo' girl? I thought she was cuter than that.", the girl says.

"I know you ain't talking, with ya' stank mouth ass, lil girl. Girl, I'm really boutta get on yo pickle chin ass girl, egg head like collard greens head ass lil girl. Oh hell nah girl, yo dirty ass girl, stank ass girl, afro head ass, lip gloss chin ass girl, ugly ass girl.", Ley rants, quoting her favorite song. (If you know that song, you're now my new friend 🙂)

"Damn, bae.", I say through my laughter. "You ain't have to insult me like that.", the girl mumbles, walking away. "Nah, I was just describing you.", Ley responds.

"ENTIWAYS.. I'll see you in a few minutes, right?", she asks me, and I nod.

After saying our goodbyes, I make my way back to my mom's car.

Ley 😑

A Few Minutes Later...

"Listen to me..", my dad begins after hearing a car pull up outside.

"I want you to be as respectful as you can, you hear me? No sarcastic remarks, no eye-rolling, no attitudes, none of that shit.", he tells me. I simply stare at him with a blank face before nodding.

"What if she says something mean to me?", I ask him. "Then I'm going to jail tonight.", he answers in his normally nonchalant tone. "Go get the door.", he adds and walks away.

I slowly walk to the door and swing it open.

"Hello..", I say in the sweetest voice I could muster. "Wassup, bae.", MicMic responds with a smile.

His mom simply stares at me.

"Umm.. come in.", I tell them and step aside.

As his mom and brother walk in, Michael lags behind to talk to me.

"You good?", he asks me, bringing me into a hug. "I'm fine.", I answer, hugging him back.  "Good, gimme kisses."

Grabbing his cheeks, I peck his lips multiple times.

"I'm telling you now, babe...", he begins, holding me by my waist. I raise an eyebrow, curious of what he has to say.

"My mama is a handful, and she says the first thing that comes to her mind.", he says in a warning tone.

"So does my dad..", I respond with a smirk.

Still talking, we walk into the dining room and sit in our designated seats, my dad at the head, Michael and I on one side, and his mother and brother on the opposite.

The first few minutes are smooth, just us talking about our days, his little brother being a dick, and eating our food.

But, like always, there's that one fuckass to ruin the moment.

"How long have you guys known each other?", she asks. "Since I moved down here.", I answer. "And how long ago was that?", she questions further. "A few months."

"Do you treat my son well?", she asks me. "Yep, that's my snugglebutt.", I answer, pinching his cheek. "Gone with that gay shit.", he mumbles, swatting my hand.

Oh, yea.. I meant his butt cheek 🙂.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself, De'Asia.", she says. "Umm.. my name is Daleyzia.", I tell her. "That's what I said..", she responds.

"No, you said De'Asia.", I say, trying not to get aggravated. "How are you gonna tell me what I said, when I know exactly what came out of my mouth?", she questions.

"Because I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I can hear clearly, and from what I heard, you did NOT say my name.", I answer, tilting my head.

"First of all, I don't know who you're talking to like this, but I damn sure isn't me.", she says.

"Well, Linda, we're the only two in here talking, SOOO, use context clues and draw a conclusion.", I tell her.

"Girl, sit yo' dumb ass down.", she mumbles. "Oh hell nah..", my dad mumbles.

"You ain't finna talk to my baby like that. In case you forgot, we used to go to high school together.", he tells her.

"If I remember correctly, didn't you take remedial classes?", he questions.

"'S-s-sound it out, Linda' looking ass.", he adds. "'Th-th-the c-c-cat w-w-walked down the st-st-street reading ass.", he continues.

"I will not tolerate this. Michael, Jordan, get your things and let's go.", she demands, getting up.

"Why she say that so proper?", I ask my dad. "I don't know, but she need to stop before I get ya' mama to drag her ass again.", he answers.

"Bye, babe. I'll call you later.", Michael says, shaking his head. With a kiss to my cheek, he walks out with his family, leaving me and my dad.

"Well, on that note, goodnight.", I tell him, getting up. "I think not, ma'am. You got dishes to wash.", he responds.

My jaw drops, and I stare at him as he walks away.

"Pick ya' mouth up, you'll get a bug in it.", he says.

And with that, I began clearing the table.