•1•

welcome to my lit ass book 🥳 i'm rocky (not me inna media). uhh, so yeah. follow me too, i have hella other books 🌚

before we start, shoutout to haitian child! sis wrote worst behavior and birthed an entire style. she's the pioneer, basically the mother of this shit ❤️ a whole ass inspiration, no cap!

daleyzia, duh-lay-juh 🤗

"Daleyzia!" I stirred in my sleep, hoping whoever was calling me would go away. "Daleyzia!" I made the voice out to be my brother, Damion. "What?" I finally groaned out. Silence. "What?" I said a bit louder. Shrugging, I went back to sleep.

After about 5 minutes, he came back in. "Ley! Wake up. Mama want you for something. She said its important."

After he walked out, I finally got myself together and got out of my lovely, comfortable, and warm bed. I slipped on my fluffy slippers and slowly walked downstairs into the kitchen.

"Wassup, ma?" I asked her as I sat on the counter. "Ley, you know I love you and I want what's best for you, right?" That's a weird way to start a conversation. "Yea. Why?" She looked away from me, so I knew this had to be serious.

"... I'm sending you to live with your dad in Kentucky." From ghetto ass East St. Louis, to fucking Kentucky, crazy how life goes. But, I honestly wasn't mad. At least I'll be living with someone I know. "OK." I responded shortly. I haven't seen my dad since my mom divorced him 3 years ago, and made us cut off all contact with him. (You'll see why in the next chapter 😉)

"Can I ask why, though?" I don't think I've done anything wrong..except for that one incident where I set our neighbor's bushes on fire, but she honestly deserved it. Like sis, how mean can you be to buy the ice cream truck and not use it? Dumbass bitch. "I just want a new environment for you. I think your dad can raise you better then I can." She answered, tearing up a little. Fuckin crybaby. "Oh. I'll go get packed then."

Don't get me wrong, I love my mama to death. But she's extra as fuck. New environment my ass. Why couldn't she think about this when I was younger? I don't have anger issues, or anything, and I don't fight. Yes, I have a mouth on me, but don't we all? I see it as she kinda, sorta, indirectly, lowkey called me a disappointment, but I ain't gonna dwell on it. I'm about to meet some fine ass Kentucky nigga!

(i just want y'all to know that ion know shit about louisville nor east st louis 😂 i just like to pick under represented places.)

My brother walked in, and grabbed a box. "I'm gonna miss you, Ley." Please don't start with the water works. "I'ma miss you too, D. But, I swear to God. On God in heaven, if I find out that you had a girl in my bed I'ma beat you like I raised you." I told him, only half serious. "Nah. If anything, I'll take her in mama room." Nasty bastard.

3 Hours Later...

We finally finished packing up my whole room -and half of the snack cabinet- and chilled in my room watching Friday.

"I got mind control ova' Deebo. He be like 'shut the fuck up' I'll be quiet. But when he leave, I'll be talking again!", I quoted. "Aye.. I'm finna go to bed. Make sure you speak to me before you leave tomorrow.", Damion said while hugging me. "Of course...bubby." And I was serious. The only time I ever call him that gay ass nickname is when I want him to know how much I love him without directly saying it.

After he left, I got undressed and laid down. Not even 3 minutes later, I was out like a light.

The Next Day...

I woke myself up, because surprisingly, I was excited. I quickly showered, brushed my teeth, and got dressed.

After I got my clothes on, I did a quick bun and slayed my edges (something half these hoes wish they had).  (If you got edges, i ain't talking about you 🙄 this book wasn't meant to be taken seriously, so please get out of ya feelings 😒)

Finally, I slipped on my slides and put my large hoops in.

Being the extra bitch I am, I waited downstairs in the living room with my bags.

After about 20 minutes of waiting, my brother and mama came down, fully dressed.

"OK. Bring it in, little one." Damion said, opening his arms for a hug. I got out of my comfortable seat, not forgetting to get my wedgie out, and hugged him tightly. "I'm gonna miss you so much." He said, patting my bun.

"I'm gonna miss me too." I responded. "Yo ugly ass always ruin the moment." Its true, I really do. I don't like using the "l" word to other people. Every time someone tells me they love me, I reply with a "I love me too" and keep it moving.

After our little sentimental moment, I got my brother to take a picture of me before I leave.

The second the camera clicked, I was rushed to the airport by my mama.

When we got there, she decided to give me a long, boring lecture on how she expects me to behave. I simply replied with a "yes ma'am" each time I zoned in.

Finally, about a good 10 minutes later, my flight was called, so I made my way to the gate. I turned around to wave at my mom, but she was already gone. Fine. With. Me.

Boarding the plane, I found my seat, luckily a window seat. Just like my sis, Erykah Badu.

I placed my earbuds in, and went straight to sleep.

Since it was a relatively short flight, I was shaken awake no more than an hour and a half later.

I grabbed my small bags and exited the plane.

I quickly walked to baggage claim, because I'll be damned if somebody take my shit.

Grabbing my three large bags, I rolled them along.

I looked around, and finally spotted a man that looks like my dad, but older.

He finally spotted me, and grinned like a crackhead when he find a quarter. Yup, that's him.

"Daddy?" I asked, walking towards him. "Daleyzia! You've gotten so big!" I looked at him with the "stop all that lying" face. I've been the same height for the past 5 years. "Well.. Let's go." And off we went, starting my new life in a new environment. *gag*

-----