•35•

i ain't wanna update back to back, but fuck it

Mike 🤦🏽‍♂️

The Next Day...

"She ain't answering the phone..", I say aloud, calling Ley for the 100th time. "I mean.. she sure isn't heartbroken right now, so of course she's gonna answer on the first call.", Landon sarcastically responds.

"Now isn't the time to be funny, Landon.", I tell him, putting my phone down.

"I'm not tryna be funny. You was wrong for treating her ass like that and you know it. I may not be the smartest person in the room.. or building.. or state.. hell, maybe even the country, but I know that she ain't built like that."

"You telling me this like I don't know already. Yeah, I fucked up, but it happened now. I can't do shit to fix that.", I respond, checking my phone.

"You actually can, ya' fucking pinky toe.", he says. "How?"

"Be like them white folks on them romance movies. Pop up at her house or something. Pour your heart out. Tell her how much she means to you and what your life would be like without her.", he suggests. That's gotta be the smartest shit I've ever heard him say...

"Bet. Ima go take a shower right quick then go over there."

Time Skip...

As I said, I took a shower and got dressed before making my way over to Ley's house.

With a shaky hand, I knocked on her front door, preparing for the worst.

After a hot second, the door swings open, revealing her angered mother.

"Mm.", she hums, staring at me with a scowl.

"I'm assuming Ley told you what happened yesterday.", I inquire, and she nods.

"Each and every part.", she responds through gritted teeth.

"See, there's obviously one thing you don't know about my daughter.", she begins, holding up her index finger.

"Trust is important to her. Since you ain't believe her last night, I highly doubt her ass is gonna even wanna speak to you.", she tells me.

"That girl really loves you, boy. And I'ma need for you to do something to make her feel better soon. She ain't cried that hard since she watched Lion King." (i swear to god, that hit home. mufasa ain't even have to die. disney just wanted to see a thug cry 🙄)

"Well, can I please go try to talk to her?", I ask her with pleading eyes.

"You can try, pooh. She's upstairs in her room. Last door on the right.", she answers, opening the door further.

I silently thank her and make my way up the many stairs.

I follow her directions, and just as she said, her room was the last door on the right. In bright orange letters were her name and a heart.

"Leyziaaa 🧡"

"Ley?", I call out, knocking on the door. I receive straight up silence in response, so I repeat myself. "Ley, you in here?", I ask, knocking again.

"I know I'm probably one of the last people you wanna hear from right now, but I just wanna tell you that I'm so sorry..", I tell her.

"I don't know what I was thinking, believing him over you. I love you to death, babygirl.", I add, receiving silence again.

"Umm.." A lump begins to form in my throat as I try to speak.

"I really don't know what else to say other than sorry.", I mumble.

I sigh, feeling even more discouraged.

Taking a seat on the floor, I lean back onto the wall beside her door.

(the character used to be luh kel, so yeah 😂)

"Girl my mood changed when you walked through the door. Before you came it was tears on the floor. Girl you're so perfect, I think that it's working. You gave me your love now I really want more.", I sing aloud, pouring my heart out.

"Girl you're so different apart from the rest. Cool I dropped out, I don't really take tests. You gave me your love now I'm addicted like drugs. Girl I think you the plug, you the one with the best."

"I did you wroooong. I did you wroooong. Girl, I did you wroooong." (i know these ain't the lyrics, but they go with the situation, so fuck it 😂)

As I sing, I feel a small hand rubbing through my hair.

Opening my eyes, I'm met with a puffy eyed Ley.

"Well tickle my chin and call me Billy, you're such a cringe.", she mumbles in a raspy voice, wiping a tear from my face.

I grab her legs and pull her down so that she was now straddling my lap.

"I'm so sorry, princess.", I tell her, hugging her smaller body into mine.

"You know I really wanna beat yo' ass right now, right?", she asks me, and I nod. "Hell yeah. You always wanna fight me.", I answer, laughing softly.

"Why didn't you believe me though? I wouldn't lie about something like that.", she questions, playing with my necklace.

"I'on know honestly. That ain't an excuse, but shit.."

"It was supposed to be us against the world, bro. Dalichael vs Everybody!", she says.

"I know, I know. But it can still be like that.", I respond. "That's if you wanna be my lil' baby again.", I add, looking closely at her.

"Duh, ya' fucking lint licker.", she says in a country accent and grabs my face.

Puckering my lips, I waste no time kissing her. She immediately kisses back and I wrap my arms around her waist. Being the natural freak she was, she grinds into my lap.

"You better stop before you get impregnated in this hallway.", I playfully threaten, pulling away. "I mean.."

"Eh-hem.", a voice says, interrupting us. "This nigga..", Ley mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"I ain't even tryna bother y'all, but I'ma get mama out the house for at least 2 hours so y'all can finish making up.", Damien tells us. "Don't do anything I would do either.", he adds and walks down the hallway and down the stairs.

"So.. shall we make a chubby brown skin baby with curly hair and brown eyes?", I ask Ley jokingly, smiling at her. "Yessah, and if it's a girl, name her Michaela Dahlia, and if it's a boy, name him Dylan Micah.", she answers, mirroring my facial expression.

"We're joking, right?", she asks and I nod. "We ain't ready for kids, bae.", I answer, laughing softly.

"I don't wanna be able to walk later.", she tells me with a smirk.

"Say less, babygirl.", I mumble, somehow standing up with her still in my arms.

I carry her into her room, closing and locking the door behind us. There was only one thought swirling around my head.

I got my baby back.

Epilogue coming soon 💕