37~ Blood is thicker than water

***

I chuckled humourlessly.

"Congrats " I say to him, handing him the card and heading upstairs. Hammad was stunned.

Is he trying to tell me he didn't know? I wanted to laugh.

From the beginning i knew something was up. I was always waiting for shit to hit the fan.

I got into the shower and my heart broke. I let my tears run together with the water. There was so much pain in my chest and the tears weren't getting rid of them. A horrible pain.

The hot water ran out and I was now under merciless blasts of cold water. Maybe the cold water will put out the inferno in my chest.

A knock came on the bathroom door.

"My love you've been in there for two hours. Please"

I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him. There was an emptiness in my chest, like a huge chunk of me has been violently torn out.

How could this man do this to me? He has been happily married to his wife for years. why won't he let me be happy with my husband? He couldn't even let me spend at least a year!

I came out when Hammad's knocking started getting on my nerves. He was seating on the floor by the bathroom door looking tired and miserable. Seeing him so out of it always manages to make my heart twist with hurt. No matter what.

"Wallahi, wallahi wallahi Sameerah I didn't know I don't even-"

"I believe you. Its fine" I cut him off.

He smiles at me. I shut my eyes and prayed to the Allah. I hope we'll be fine.

"Get ready, we are going to-"

"No" I cut him off.

" you are going to sleep and rest. You're tired. I won't have you falling sick or getting a high blood pressure at 28" I add. He smiles making his dimple pop out.

"I love you"

I pray you never stop Hammad. I pray you never stop.

"I love you too"

****

We slept till the next day. At least he did. I slept for about four hours but then that was it. I did a little grocery shopping and cooked while he slept. Jollof rice, mutton stew, coleslaw, omlette, fruit juice and plantain.. It'll be our first proper meal in a while. All we ate in Bora Bora was junk and something that i didn't understand.

We ate on the bed while watching zig and sharko.

"You're going to make me fat" I looked up at him amused.

"Am I the one stuffing the food down your throat? Yau ga ikon Allah. You are just naturally a glutton"

"Naji( I've heard)" I laugh at him.

" Sharko is hot" I blurted causing Hammad to choke on his juice. I laughed hard.

"You are crazy. He's a fish!"

"No, he's a shark. It even in his name!"

" whatever, he's still edible " that cracked me up, making me choke on my own juice. He laughed.

"Payback. But sorry"

"Choke on your sorry"

" enough off choking before someone actually dies!" he says. I laughed.

"Bro, you haven't showered in almost thirty hours!" I say scrunching up my nose in disgust. He smiled devilishly.

" zo in Saka ki a hammata ( let me put you under my arm)" i shrieked. Excuse me what?!!!