33~Roses and Gold

Save the date 20th December. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! Is this happening? Yes its happening.

My house is full to the very brim. So many people came from all over the country because I'm awesome like that. Our house is hustling and bustling with wedding preparations. The Nikaah is in one month and my birthday is tomorrow. I'm not really excited about that.

Hammad and I speak on the phone 24/7. I have to be sure he still wants to marry me. You know how the devil does his things.

His name has also been in all of my prayers. May he be the best for me. His dad is still cold as ever. I don't know what is up with him. Aneesah is still against me. Not that I care.

*ring*

H: Longest month of my life.

Oh. No hello or hi? I almost laughed

S: good afternoon.

H: inalillahi what did I do?

He sounds panicked making me smile. Good. At least I know I'm not alone in the panicking game.

S: Nothing.

H: first of all, you only greet me like that when we're fighting. Secondly, when you say nothing, it means something. I'm coming over.

S: no no no. I'm just pulling your legs.

I laugh a little. I can almost see him squinting his eyes threateningly.

H: sure, play with my feeling because I love you.

I laugh.

S: its not that deep bro

H: it is sis

S: is not

H: is too

S: not.

H: Your voice is jarring

I gasp. He did not just...

S: fine then. Find someone with a less jarring voice to marry. Bye sir.

I heard him mutter 'shit' before I ended the call. This is going to be fun. I watched the phone ring and ring. All the while I was slow dancing to my ring tone. Calum Scott though...

The phone started buzzing with messages making  me laugh. I am enjoying this too much.

Minutes later, Noor barged into the room.

"What did you do? Hammad is here?" I smiled hard. She instantly knew I was up to something.

"You are not serious ooo" she adds.

"He said my voice is jarring!"

"It is jarring. I agree with him this one time" I gasp

"Betrayal"

"Yen yen yen" she says and walks out. Wait, what will she tell him? I pulled on my hijab and went after her.

He's wearing a grey hoodie and black sweatpants. His hair is not brushed so I'm guessing he hasn't showered. But who could blame him, its a Sunday and sis, when I tell you morning looks good on him, believe me. He looks good all the time. I believe that's the grace of God shining on my baby.

I peek at him through the window, behind the curtains as he begged Noor to get me. She refused.

My cousin Hafsah and her friend who I don't remember came to the door to say "hi" to Hammad. I roll my eyes.

You know how everyone has that one cousin that's been competing with you all your life? Ladies and gentlemen I give you Hafsah.

"Haba Noorah won't you invite him in? Akwai sanyi ai (its cold outside)" she chirped. Noor rolled her eyes and left him with them at the door.