Part 2

A B A L O N

Feeling Javier's lips on mine for the first time is heaven. His warmth and unique scent wraps me up entirely as his arms come around me in a gentle embrace.

Javier kisses me like he's been kissing forever. Softly parting my lips and dipping his tongue inside. He gentles the kiss once more before slowly separating from me.

"Wow."

I open my eyes and look at him. His eyes still closed and his lips tilted up in a sweet smile.

I smile back at him till he opens his eyes and releases me but keeps my hand in his. I take a deep breath and turn towards the Enforcers, our Alphas and my parents.

"I Javier Morales accept Abalon Penn as my mate for life until the hereafter." Javier squeezes my hand and I squeeze back.

"Very well, let it be recorded that in the case of Abalon Penn and Javier Morales all matrimonial issues have been resolved. Their pup Avery Abraham Morales shall be in their care jointly." Enforcer Bryan says and everyone seem to release their held breaths.

We shake hands with each of the Enforcers as they prepare to leave our lands.

My parents approach us after Alpha Tyke and Ivan nod towards us.

"Abby!" my father gathers me in a hug I never could forget. His arms going around me tightly.

"Hey daddy." I whisper into his chest.

He releases me and my mother stares me down for a few moments. She could think me how weak but I could never regret choosing to be happy over pride.

I hold her stare making sure she sees my resolve and then I look away.

"Abalon, I hear we have a grand-son somewhere around here?" she says in that even tone of hers.

"Yes, Avery is in the nursery." Javier says and I smile toward him.

"Why don't you show us to your house Javier Morales while Abby gets the boy?" mother says and I catch myself from flinching.

"No."

"Sure."

Javier and I answer at the same time. I look at Javier, my lips pressed firmly in a straight line.

"It's okay baby. Let you father go with you and I'll escort your mother." Javier presses his lips to my temple quickly before offering his arm to my mother.

I look on stupendously as they brush past my father and I. My fur side snarling at me to protect Javier from my mother, my skin side hoping they remain civil with each other.

"They'll be alright my Abby." Dad rests his hand on my shoulder. "Let's go get my grand-son."

I smile at my father basking in the calm warmth he always seems to emit.

"I'm sorry I didn't-"

"It's alright baby boy. Life happens sometimes." I look my father in the eyes nothing but love and acceptance shining in them. I embrace him again and then lead him to the nursery.

I walk over to the crib and pick up my little boy. "Dad, meet your grand-son Avery Abraham Morales."

"He's perfect." Dad takes him from me and gently rock him side to side. Avery coos and buries his face in his grand-father's neck. I guess I'm not the only one who can pick up on my father's warmth and feel of safety.

"Come on." I lead them back to Javier's house. The closer we get the more I anticipate screams and the scent of blood. My fears climb the closer we get and I can't hear or smell neither. Its worries me that maybe my mother snapped his neck. Quick, painless and clean.

"Stop worrying. Your mother will accept your decision even if she doesn't like it." I nod at my dad and enter the house only to hear the soft droning of the TV and the scent of green tea.

"Bring the pup let me see him." mom says with a small smile. I look towards Javier who just shrugs at me.

I sit quietly next to him and accept the cup of tea he offers me while my parents play with Avery. After a few hours of tutting over the kid and feeding and burping him my mother finally turns her eyes to me. I stare back as she passes Avery to dad and adjusts her clothes.

"Your father and I are staying the night and we'd like to keep Avery."

I nod. "Fine."

"We will make future plans for visits and such when you and your... mate settle down together." My jaw ticks but I tamp down my anger.

"That's also fine. Let me pack an overnight bag for Avery." I stand and walk away to the nursery that has almost the same amount of stuff my quarters have for the pup so it's no problem packing enough clothes and formula for Avery.

When I emerge from the nursery Javier had Avery and I hand the bag over to my father before taking Avery and kissing him before passing him to my mother.

"We'll leave you two to it." my father lifts his brows and winks at me and my face heats up. I almost choke on air at his mischievous smirk. I sputter as they both disappear out the front door.

"Well he isn't wrong. I do want to be naughty with you but as sexy as you look I stink of sour milk Avery spat up." I smile as Javier takes my hand and lead me to his bedroom.

Slowly he undresses me and himself at my nod of consent and guides us to the bathroom. He takes his time to wash me and I return the favor.

When we're both dried up and staring at each other at the foot of the bed my nerves gets the best of me.

"We don't have to do anything you don't want." Javier whispers as his palms rub my bare shoulders.

"I know." I whisper back. 

*****************************************************************************

A/N

Sorry I've been a absent but... you gotta do what you gotta do.