Part 1

A B A L O N

I accept the condolences given to me by my pack mates and see my parents off. Yana stays with me until everyone leaves.

Yana and I walk slowly back to my room in the pack house. She hesitates on the turn off to Javier's but I can't bear to go back to his house. Not yet. Maybe not ever.

"Can you get me shirt from his house? Avery sleeps better with his scent." I ask quietly and Yana squeezes my shoulder and nods yes before walking off.

"Ivan, can I help you?" I ask without turning to him.

"Abalon I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Ivan cries and snivels loudly when I turn to face him.

"What's done is done Ivan." I say quietly.

"Abalon-"

"I can't right now Ivan. I need time and space for a little while." I walk away leaving Iavn crying harder than he was before. His pain so potent I could almost taste the bitterness of it with each breath I take.

Yana brings me a t-shirt of Javier's for Avery to sleep with after our bath time and I cry when she leaves because in a few weeks there won't be anything more for Avery to scent.

Avery fusses a bit but drinks his formula and goes to sleep but makes more of a fuss when I try to put him down in his crib until I just place him on the bed next to me and we both curl up until sleep finally takes me hours after.

When I wake the next morning something feels off. I mentally go over my night and realize not only did I not wake to feed or change Avery but that Avery was also not in bed with me. He wasn't in his crib either.

My heart jolts as I run around my apartment like room and see no sign of my Avery. I pick up my cell and call Yana.

"Yana did you come in and pick Avery up? I can't find him! I don't-"

"Abalon I'm in the out world hundreds of miles away, how would I pick up Avery?" Yana replies sounding as confused as I feel and her words stop me dead in my tracks.

"Wha-What do you mean in the out world?" I yell hysterically wondering how she could leave pack lands without telling me and saying good bye to Avery.

"Yana you were just with us last night before we went to bed what do you mean you're back in the out world without saying good bye?" I ask feeling hurt she didn't inform me.

"Aba, are you okay? What do you mean that I was with you last night? I haven't been back on pack land since we left." I gasp at her words.

"Yana this is not funny if you are joking with me. I can't find Avery. I don't know where to look. He's not in my room with me!" I finish on a shout feeling my blood rushing around inside me. My fur feeling antsy as I do. Confusion and fear and rage that someone would dare to take our child from right under my nose.

I sniff a moment all I could smell was me and Avery with a very faint scent of Javier.

"Abalon, sweetheart, you're scaring me-"

"I'm scaring you? My damn son is missing!"

"Abalon please calm down darling. Calm down." Yana says in a soothing tone.

I rush to the door. "I can't calm down Yana! I'm scared."

"Did you call Javier, Aba?"

Javier? "Javier? Yana how could I call-" my breath leaves me in a whoosh.

"Javier..."

************************************************************************

A/N

I'm so sorry loves! I thought this was published since friday! I had a busy start to the weekend as it was my baby bro's bday.