Part 4

A B A L O N

I don't know what I was expecting when the words passed my lips but maybe a little pandemonium from Javier. Maybe for him to come to me on his knees and beg me to want him, beg me to love him or proclaim his love for me.

He does neither. Just stare at his feet with his hands fisted at his sides. Lips pressed together in a thin line. I am glad he does not stoop so low.

"Are you sure Abalon Penn?" Enforcer Bryan asks and I nod.

"Yes. It is what I want." I stand my ground. My eyes never leave Javier and he raises his head to meet my gaze.

"Beta Javier Morales, your fated mate requests a formal rejection from you. Are you willing to give it?" Enforcer Jahiem speaks with a thick accent.

"Y-Yes." Javier keeps me captured in his eyes as he steps forward. He closes the distance between us.

"And what of the pup?" Enforcer Jaheim asks and before I can speak Javier beats me to it.

"I want visitation." Javier says and I nod. "Alternating holidays and every weekend unless Abalon has plans with him."

"Agreed." My voice is a whisper.

"And address? Where will you stay?" I look towards my Alpha. Ivan is sniveling into the crook of his mate's neck, eyes wide and wet shifting from me to Javier and back again.

"Here." My mother gasps and snarls loudly.

"No." she growls shoving Javier away from me and grabbing my chin in her hand.

"You will return with your father and me. That rat can collect the pup when it's time for his visitation." She tells me, eyes hard and wild.

I gaze at her. Eyes may be hard as granite but there's an underlying pain only a parent can possess. She is concerned for me. She wants to take me and hide me away from all the heartache and pain she thinks I'm going through.

"Mom. I am home." I whisper and she glares.

"Home? Home?" she questions me as if my words are preposterous. "Where this pathetic excuse of a mate lives? Where this pack has ridiculed you and gossiped about you?" she asks and I almost bend my head in shame.

"I know. But I won't run mom. I won't be a coward and hide from what my life is. This is what I have to live with every day and I'll be damned if I ran and tucked my tail between my legs. I won't do that anymore. I can't do that anymore." She listens to me. She shakes her head after a few moments of meeting my eyes and when I don't look away she scoffs.

"Well then I am entitled to retribution." I gasp at her words.

"Mom no." She lets go of me and stands before Javier.

"I accept." Javier says standing tall.

"Javier no!" I step towards him but he holds up a hand to halt me.

"It is her right Abalon. I'd do the same for Avery and so would you." he says and I nod while biting my lip to keep my mouth shut.

"Two thousand lashes no intervals after you reject my son."

"Agreed." Javier accepts before I can object. It'll be a miracle if he survives. I've seen my mother whip wolves before. It's a punishment she's perfected.

Ivan gasps and Alpha Tyke shushes him. I look towards the Enforcers hoping one of them would object but none do. They really can't. My mother has put forth her reprisal and Javier has accepted.