25

"Marinette is Ladybug!"

Adrien stared from Lila to Marinette. Then he spoke, "I know."

Marinette and Lila stared at him with wide eyes. "What?!" They both yelled, while Adrien shrugged.

Lila gritted her teeth. "Well, that doesn't matter. I'm still going to tell the whole world who Ladybug really is under her mask... A clumsy brat," she looked at Marinette up and down, smirking.

"Hey! Marinette is not a brat. You are!" Adrien yelled. "And about the secret... I am Adrien Agreste, son of Gabriel Agreste. If you dare spread the secret, you will not know what will come to you."

Lila smirked at him. "I'm not afraid of you. What are you gonna do?"

"I'm a good friend of Mr. Mayor," Adrien continued, returning the smirk. "The Mayor can do pretty much anything... Including getting you out of Paris!"

"What?!" Lila yelled, trying to get up, but finding the cage too small. "You wouldn't dare. Paris is my home!"

"Oh I can, and I will if you say anything about Marinette," Adrien warned. "Now you listen, you will stay in this cage until we figure out what we'll do with you. Don't worry, you're not gonna die, but there is a high possibility that you'll be staying in here for a long time."

Lila growled as Adrien laughed. Marinette grabbed his arm, and pulled him away from the angry Lila.

"How did you know?!" She asked trying to keep her voice down. "That I was Ladybug?"

"Because..." Adrienne replied, remembering the day. "When you told me not to follow you, I did."

"Huh?" Marinette looked confused at what he had said. "When?"

Adrien sat down and began to tell her the whole story.

I peered over her shoulder. She didn't seem to realize that I was reading the note as well as she furiously gripped on it.

Aw, is Ladybug looking for me? Well, you should stop, cause there's no way you will find me! Just stay away from Adrien and Cat Noir if you know what's good for you!

What did that mean? Stay away from Adrien and Cat Noir?

As soon as Ladybug lifted her head up again, I walked two feet backwards away from her.

"I'm going home. Don't follow me!" She furiously started leaving, but I wasn't about to let her leave like that.

I wanted to tell her to stop and tell me what was going on, but I didn't. Instead I tagged along after her slowly so she wouldn't see me.

I knew this was a bad thing to do, but I wanted to know so bad what was going on.

What I didn't know, was that Ladybug was going to transform. She jumped on Marinette's balcony, leaving me to wonder why. Then she did it.

She de-transformed into Marinette. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. My eyes were stuck on her as she went inside and closed the window. The thought that was in my head couldn't leave.

My Princess is M'lady.

Marinette looked at him, not knowing whether to be angry at him or not. She then looked away, and stood up.

"Marinette, don't be mad, I'm sorry," Adrien stood up as well, trying to stop her from leaving. "I didn't know."

"You didn't know..." Then she stopped. "But I told Cat Noir to not follow me, not you..." She turned to him. "You're...?"

"Yeah... I am," Adrien shrugged. "But I'm really sorry. I wouldn't have done that if I knew you were going to de-transform back. I just wanted to know what was wrong... That's all."

Marinette didn't know what to say. She just looked at him, and then finally she turned and walked away.

"Marinette..." Adrien groaned, and he slumped back to the ground.

How could I be so stupid?...