19

Unknown - thanks for getting Kagami out of my way.

Marinette - what do you mean?

Unknown - Kagami also has a crush on Adrien, but you've got Adrien to hate her now, so I don't think she'll have any more chance.

Marinette looked up and gasped to see Chloe using her phone as well. Chloe turned to her, and quickly turned away.

Marinette - Chloe?

Unknown - yeah, go for Chloe now. Get Adrien to hate her just as you did with Kagami. And then the next will be you!

Marinette dropped her phone. She saw Alya's mouth moving, but she couldn't hear a single word come out. Her eyesight wasn't working properly either, as Alya started fading away.

Soon her eyes were shut, all sounds around her were muted. She saw and heard nothing. But she could still feel. She felt someone lift her up.

Then she didn't know what happened next.

-

Marinette woke up to find herself in the nurse's office. Adrien, Alya and Nino were seated on chairs, and they quickly stood up when Marinette's eyes fluttered opened.

"Omg, Marinette, you're awake," Alya was the first to reach her, the boys standing behind her.

"What happened?" Her voice was so small that she could barely hear herself. She still felt unwell, shuddering as if the room was cold.

"The bell rang, and you suddenly fainted," Adrien answered before Alya could. "You looked at something on your phone, looking so shocked. Marinette, what's going on?"

Nino got out her phone, and handed it back to her. "Don't worry, we didn't look at anything," he promised.

Marinette nodded, taking her phone back. "As for what's going on, it's a secret that I can't let out. I'm sorry I can't tell you guys."

Marinette mentioned something about her secret when I was Cat Noir. What could it possibly be?

Marinette laid back down, still feeling weak. Her head hurt as if someone had just hit her hard. She didn't want to move and hurt her body.

That unknown person... It's not Kagami, and it's not Chloe. Well, I'm sure about Chloe. She was using her phone at the exact same time as me, and she did look at me.

But then again, why would Chloe text something like, "yeah, go for Chloe now. Get Adrien to hate her just like you did with Kagami."

Maybe she said that to confuse me and not make me think it's her. She probably sent that text just to mess with me.

Chloe is definitely on the list of who it could be.

"Marinette, you look like you're deep in thought," Alya broke her thoughts as she frowned. "Is there anything you would like to share with the rest of us?"

"No." Marinette turned the other way. "It's a secret."

"Well then okay." Alya turned around and motioned for the boys to follow her out of the office. "We'll come back later."

Marinette heard the door close, and she knew they had left. It was silent, she could even hear her own breathing. She didn't move nor did she do anything else.

Soon after the three of them had left, the door opened again. Did they come back? Perhaps it's the nurse?

"Alya? Is that you?" She called out. The person didn't answer. Instead Marinette could hear the person getting closer to her. She decided to turn, but her face met with a very hard stick.

What... What is going on?!

She fell to the floor, her nose bleeding. She forced herself to look up, to get up, and see who it was, but her weak body didn't want to.

The person bent down in front of her. Marinette's eyesight was blurry, and wasn't able to make out the face that was in front of her.

All she saw was a stretched out grin...