4

Marinette ran away in anger and jealous, feeling upset.

I thought Kagami said she didn't like him! How come she asked him to start dating?!

Marinette felt pure anger at the girl that had lied to her about Adrien. She wanted to get rid of her. Kagami was her enemy now.

When she said another girl was going to get to Adrien she was talking about herself, wasn't she? She really did like Adrien, and now it's too late for me.

How stupid of me to go and try to confess to Adrien when he already had someone else. Stupid! Stupid!

Marinette sat down, against a wall. She looked around, didn't know where she was, but didn't care. The only thing she felt was broken.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

Marinette looked up to see Cat Noir, and she wondered what he was doing out here. There was no new villains to defeat.

"I'm just feeling a little down," Marinette answered.

"Same," Cat Noir answered. "I just came back from rejecting a girl."

"Really? I feel hurt because I like this boy, but he already has someone else," Marinette's voice cracked. She didn't want to cry in front of Cat Noir, but she couldn't help it.

"What kind of a boy would reject a girl as beautiful as you?" Cat Noir smiled, and Marinette gave him a smile back.

"Thanks, but I didn't get rejected."

"You didn't?" Cat Noir looked at her, confused.

"I just saw her with another girl, that's all," Marinette shrugged, trying to act like it was no big deal, but deep inside, it was a huge deal. She wondered what Adrien and Kagami could be doing right now.

"How are you so sure they're together and that there's no chance for you?" Cat Noir asked as he sat next to Marinette.

"They're dating."

"They are? Who are they?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why?"

"I don't want to mention his name," Marinette replied. "Or her name."

"That's fine. I'm sure you can find a better boy than him," Cat Noir shrugged. "There's so many out there."

But Adrien was the only one for me. How am I going to find another boy like him?

Cat Noir then stood up and stretched. "Well, I hope you do okay." He watched as Marinette stood up as well. "And tell me when you find a better boy, okay?"

"Uh... S-sure?"

In her mind, Adrien was right in front of her instead of Cat Noir.

"W-what are you doing?"

It was then that she realizes she was leaning in, and before she could stop herself, she had already placed her lips on Cat Noir's.

She suddenly pulled away, looked at Cat Noir in horror, and ran off, rubbing her lips.

I imagined it was Adrien I kissed. How could I be this shameless, kissing Cat Noir like that? He probably hates me now.

She somehow made her way home. By then it was really dark, and she had remembered to pass Adrien's mansion on the way.

She looked at it, then ran away home with tears. It's too late now.

I already gave away my first kiss.