20

"Marinette... Marinette... Marinette?"

Marinette heard voices. Her eyes were shut, and her face was in pain. Her face wasn't the only thing that was in pain though. Her body felt weak, it hurt.

"Marinette, what happened?" She heard Alya's voice. She wanted to speak, tell them someone came here and knocked her out. But her mouth was shut as well. It was as if it was sewed together.

"Let her rest, Alya," was that Nino's voice? Or Adrien's? She couldn't be able to guess, but she rested her brain.

She stopped thinking, stopped trying to see or hear more properly. She only breathed deeply, trying to sleep.

Please don't leave me again.

It seemed that Alya heard her thoughts. She came closer to Marinette. "We're not leaving until you get better."

Then she had a reason to put a smile on her face and not wipe it off.

The three of them stayed there, as promised, until Marinette woke up. She still felt tired, weak, but she felt better.

"Guys...." She squeaked. The others looked at her.

"Marinette." Forgetting about how weak she was, Alya gave her a huge hug, making her groan in pain. Alya realized this and let go as quickly as she could. "Sorry, sorry."

"Marinette, what happened?" Adrien asked. "After we left, we heard you scream, and had to rush back here."

"I don't know," Marinette was able to say. "I couldn't see who it was and that person hit me." It may have been the same person that is telling me to leave Adrien.

Her phone beeped and Nino handed it to her. It was no doubt that it was going to be the unknown person.

Unknown - how was your night? Mine was pretty good. Three girls in one go.

Three girls in one go? Marinette gasped, then turned to the other three that was looking at her to speak up on what was wrong. "Quick, you have to check up on Kagami and Chloe!"

"Why?" Nino looked confused. He wasn't exactly a fan of those girls, especially the fact that they hated Marinette so much.

"They must have gotten the hits as I did," Marinette answered. She couldn't find a good way to really explain why.

"Marinette, we're not leaving this room!" Adrien told her. "What if we leave and you get hurt again?"

Marinette sighed. But the other girls... I just know they got hit as well. The unknown person said "three girls in one night." She must have been chasing after the girls that like Adrien, which is me, Kagami, and Chloe. So if this unknown actually did hit them, then it's not Chloe?

"Marinette, why don't you just tell us what's going on?" Alya asked, confused and upset. "Maybe it will help us understand better."

"Understand or not, we're not leaving here until you're all good," Adrien spoke. He had on a face that said he really meant it, so Marinette didn't bother to argue with him.

"Fine," she sighed. Oh well, I'm sure the other girls got some help just like I did with these three.

"But Marinette," Nino tried again, "if there's anything you want to tell us, it's okay. We're your friends."

"I don't want to. It would then release my secret!" Marinette huffed and looked away. "Look, I'm sorry I'm keeping this from you guys, but I just can't. Please, just understand that."

The other three nodded, and sat back down.

-

Marinette was feeling a lot better as she stepped inside class. She had ice for her bleeding nose, but besides that hurting, she felt better.

"Chloe, what happened to you?!" Marinette heard Rose asked. She looked to see as well, and gasped

Chloe was all bruised. Her nose was bleeding as well, and now Adrien, Nino and Alya knew why Marinette had told them to check up on her.

The same is also going to happen to Kagami, Marinette realized. Because we're the girls that like Adrien.

Kagami didn't come to school. Marinette was starting to think she didn't come and show her bruised body to everyone, especially Adrien. But hey she was bruised too, and Adrien didn't hate her for that.

She sighed.

I'm going to try to find that unknown person. Even if it takes all my time!!