15

Marinette gasped, then looked around again. She had on a frightened look, afraid that her secret had really gotten out.

Marinette - you got the wrong person.

Unknown - no I don't, Marinette. I saw you transform. Don't try to make me sound stupid. Anyway, I can keep your secret, but you would have to do something in return.

Marinette - what is it?

Unknown - I want you to leave Adrien to me. Stop liking him! Tell him that someone wants to meet him at the Eiffel tower at 6:00 sharp pm. If you don't tell him, your secret will be out to everyone.

Unknown - tell him to wear a costume as well. And a mask to cover his face.

Marinette wondered why the costume or the mask, but she shook it off, and replied.

Marinette - I'll do it.

Unknown - good!

Marinette sighed, putting her phone away. She looked over at where Adrien was, walking to his next class.

It's true that Adrien isn't really dating Kagami, but now I can't even tell him I like him, because I have to give him to someone else.

Marinette walked up to him. "Hey Adrien. Wait, I need to talk to you."

Adrien stopped, having a big smile in his face. Marinette finally wants to talk to me. "What is it, Marinette?"

"At 6:00 pm today, you have to meet someone at the Eiffel tower," Marinette spoke, looking down. She didn't want to make eye contact with the guy she loved but couldn't have.

"Meet someone?" Is she really serious, or is this her way of asking me out?

"You also have to wear a costume and a mask to cover your face."

What? A mask? Is it so that I wouldn't be able to see her face as well?

"Okay, sure." Adrien waved and walked away.

He accepted so quickly. He didn't even ask why. How could he...?

Marinette sighed again, and followed him to class. Let me just find out who knows my secret first, and then I will know what to do next.

"She asked me out," Adrien whispered to Nino as they both entered class. "Marinette."

"What? She did? Are you going?"

"Of course I am. This is my chance to tell her how I feel. Why would I miss it?" Nino chuckled at Adrien's response.

They took their seat and class began.

-

- 6:00 pm -

I hope this mask is enough. Adrien looked at himself in the mirror, looking at his light blue mask Nathalie had helped him make.

"Alright, bye Nathalie," Adrien waved as he went out the door. "Tell father I won't be home till later."

"Okay," Nathalie waved back. "Just make sure you don't stay for too long."

"Got it." Adrien headed for the Eiffel tower. When he got there, a girl, wearing a purple mask, was already there. A nice set up dinner was there as well.

"Hey," Adrien looked at the girl again. Marinette likes purple, right? So she's wearing a purple mask.

"Hi," the girl waved back. "Come sit down."

Weird, why does the voice sound so different? Is this really Marinette?

"Yes, I'll sit down. But first, tell me your name."

"My name shall remain unknown. It's for me to know, and for you to figure out," the girl spoke. "Now sit down."

"So I'm just going to sit and eat with some person I don't know?" Adrien asked, frowning. This really isn't Marinette. Had she totally set me up with someone else?!

"Adrien, it's fine. I'm safe. Just sit and enjoy this romantic dinner with me."

"Romantic? Pfft, no thanks!" He removed his mask, and took off, feeling down as he had been played. I really thought it was Marinette.

The girl watched him run off. Marinette, you did a totally bad job at this!