18

There were a dozen of people that were using their phones, and as Marinette looked around, she couldn't understand who could have found out her secret.

"Who was it?" Adrien asked as she returned back to the table. She answered with a "no one," but Adrien could tell she was lying.

The look on her face was horrified, unsafe, and she looked around at all the people as if she was looking for a specific person.

"Hey Adrien," Kagami suddenly showed up. She gave Marinette a little smirk and a glare, making her look away. "Nino is calling for you."

"Tell him I'll be there in a minute," Adrien answered, and pointed at Marinette. "I'm kinda busy here."

Kagami frowned, sending Marinette more glares when Adrien wasn't looking. Alya saw it all though, and she sent Kagami a little glare of her own.

"Right, but you better come quick," Kagami protested. "You know how Nino feels when you decide not to show up and talk to him."

"Alright, alright." Adrien stood up. "Bye ladies, I'll see you later." He was especially waving at Marinette, and he gave her a little wink.

Kagami saw this and turned to Marinette with pure hatred and anger. "Keep. Away. From. Him! We may not be dating, but that doesn't mean we're never. You'll see Marinette. Soon Adrien and I will have our own wedding, our own baby, our own..."

"Okay, shut it!" Alya yelled, annoyed. "Why don't you leave, Kagami? Don't bother Marinette. She didn't do anything."

"She did!" Kagami turned to go. "And she'll soon regret it. One day she'll see that Adrien doesn't really love her. He's just hanging out with her as a friend." Then she laughed as she walked away.

Marinette bent down her head, trying not to let it get to her as the word friends went on repeatedly in her mind.

"Don't worry, Marinette," Alya smiled. Then she got out her phone from her pocket. "I was recording everything she said."

Marinette gasped as she looked up. Alya replayed the record, Kagami's annoying voice coming back.

"Send this to Adrien, and we'll see how he really feels about her," Alya laughed. "Here." She started doing something on her phone, and soon Marinette heard a beep come from hers.

She got out her phone, seeing that Alya had sent her the recording. Oh Kagami, you're so about to have it.

But why would it really matter? Even if Kagami can't have him, I can't have him either. The stupid person with my secret. And I don't even know who it is yet.

"Marinette? Are you okay?" Alya asked, noticing the girl's sudden silence. She expected Marinette to jump up and down, being glad that Kagami was going to have a taste of her own medicine, but... It was much the opposite of that.

Marinette sighed. "I will send Adrien the recording." She started typing away on her phone. But then a sudden thought came in her head.

What if Kagami is the unknown person? She does love Adrien, hates me because she knows I also love Adrien. I might have been too careless and she saw me de-transform, and now she's using that to get together with Adrien.

It all makes perfect sense. Which means if I send the recording, it will be over for her.

She sent the recording to Adrien. But shortly after that, she started regretting it. All of it.

But what if Kagami gets rejected by Adrien, and lets out my secret like that? Or what if she is too angry and gets akumatized by Hawk Moth?

She gulped. Hope he hadn't seen it yet. Gotta delete.

"B-b-but Adrien..." Marinette looked up to see Adrien and Kagami talking by the door. "I didn't say that!"

Since Marinette was sitting at the table closest to the door, she could hear them properly. Crap! He's already listened to it.

"It's clearly your voice!" Adrien replied as he replayed the recording. "How could you say that. You make me so grossed out." He made a gagging sound and walked off.

"Good job, girl," Alya patted Marinette on her head. Kagami angrily marched up towards them. "You did that!" She yelled. "You recorded me and sent it to Adrien, didn't you?!"

"And what if we did?" Alya smiled as she looked up at her. "What are you gonna do about it?!"

Kagami looked from Marinette and Alya. "You two are going to regret that!" And she stomped off.

Then Marinette heard a beep come from her phone, along with the bell that lunch was over. She gulped as she knew it was a message from the unknown person. She could already hear Kagami making an announcement that she was Ladybug.

But when she opened the message, and read it, she gasped.

Unknown - thanks for getting Kagami out of my way...