13

"Adrien, where is Nino?" Kagami came up to Adrien after fencing practice. "Did he leave already?"

"No, he's in the bathroom," Adrien answered, frowning. Why does she care where Nino is?

"Well Adrien," Kagami sat down next to him. "I was wondering if you wanted to go..."

"No!" Adrien quickly said.

"What? But you don't even know what I was going to say," Kagami protested.

"I don't want to go anywhere with you!" If Kagami is the reason Marinette has been ignoring me, then I need to stop hanging out with her.

"Why? Am I really that bad, Adrien?" Kagami asked, standing up and Adrien stood up to leave. "It's that girl, right? It's that girl that you like? But she rejected you!"

"Shut up!" Adrien yelled. "We're still in fencing, you don't want anyone to hear you."

"Trust me Adrien, you'll have all happiness with me, not some girl that has rejected you so many times," Kagami promised. "I swear you won't regret it!"

"Leave me alone," Adrien said, annoyed getting on Kagami's nerves. "Even if she rejected me, I still have someone else in mind that is one hundred times better than you."

"Who is it?!"

"So that you can go and kill her? Is that why you're asking? No thank you, but I'm not telling you," Adrien ran his fingers across his lips as if he was zipping them shut.

"Adrien!"

"What?!"

"Just... Argh!" Kagami took off. How could he say such things?! What girl is better than me?!

She ran outside, away from all the fencers that looked at her weird, away from all the questions that came to her. "Kagami's what's wrong?" "Kagami, are you okay?" "Did someone hurt you?"

Yeah, someone hurt me! Adrien!

Kagami then stopped. Looking back, she realized she was far away from the fencing club. Before fencing was the only way I could see Adrien, but then I convinced my mom to let me transfer to his school. But how could he reject me in this way?!

Kagami then looked forward. Minutes later she got out her phone.

-

Landing on her balcony, Ladybug transformed back into Marinette. She had gone out as Ladybug, realizing how lonely she had been. Alya had been busy, so as the rest of her friends.

She had left the house as Marinette, then finding a secret spot, she had transformed. Now that she was back, she was ready to read the letter that was from Cat Noir.

Marinette, finally taking in deep breaths, and telling herself that Cat Noir wouldn't write anything bad, finally picked up the letter out of her drawer.

I wonder what it says, but I'm positive it was about the kiss.

She unfolded the letter and read;

Dear Marinette
Hope you're having a great day. And I hope it's gotten better for you about the boy. Unfortunately the girl I rejected is still bothering me and I wish she could stop.

I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to feel so bad and upset about, you know, what you did. I'm not mad... In fact, I actually quite enjoyed it.

I just wanted to ask...

Do you know who I am?

Write back and send it to the Eiffel tower, I'll pick it up from there. Thanks.

IN FACT I ACTUALLY QUITE ENJOYED IT?!?!

Marinette read the letter again, realizing that it really did say what she thought it said. But what does he mean by "do you know who I am?"

Did he think I kissed him because I knew who he was under that mask and that I liked him? Or... I'm really confused.

Hmm... Should I send a letter back? Okay I should, hope it's not too late already.

Marinette got out a paper and a pen. Her phone then beeped, but she decided to check it out later.

To Cat Noir

Sorry I didn't read your letter much sooner, and I hope it's not too late to send one back. I was busy.

Anyway, I'm sorry about the kiss. No, I don't know who you are, but don't tell me. You're supposed to keep it a secret anyways.

The kiss was not meant to happen, it just did. I'm glad to hear that you're not mad at me, but you have every right to be mad. Besides, I know that your heart already belongs to someone else.

From Marinette.

Marinette read through her letter again, deciding it was okay. Time to go to the Eiffel tower.

-

Adrien sighed, looking down from the top of the Eiffel tower he was at the top of. Marinette, what should I do to make you not be mad at me again?

He asked himself the same question again and again, until a certain someone made him stop and look down.

Marinette was walking towards the Eiffel tower, with a letter in her hands. She looked around, the placed the letter at the bottom of the Eiffel tower.

Has she finally got it? Adrien wondered. Did she finally read the letter and now she's replying? Should I go up to her?

No! She might ignore me again. I need to be patient, wait for her to cool down, and then I can talk to her.

Marinette looked around again, as if expecting someone. Then she took off and ran home.

Adrien came down the Eiffel tower, and picked up the letter. Sure enough, it was sent to Cat Noir. He ripped the envelope open and unfolded the letter, then read it.