Chapter 25: The Little Bun and Aiyana (14)

Start from the beginning

"I'm asking you business, stop playing around," Ye Ai answered, unperturbed.

"I am not playing around, Ai. My feelings for you are real," he told her silently, his features showing sadness.

"As real as you want to forgive your father?" she asked in even tones.

"...!"

"Aren't they in same level of acceptance inside you? You loving me is as far as you forgiving your father."

"..."

"I told you, I have ways of knowing things."

"Heh..."

She looked at him properly. She couldn't have misheard him. He f*cking laughed at her!

"It's been how long? Two months, no almost three months and you won't even budge from my advances. No one made it this far against me, you know? It's as if you can read my inner thoughts thus you're adamant on not believing me."

"Of course."

"Aiyana Song," he suddenly called her.

"What?"

"Give me what I want and I'll leave you alone."

It was that that sealed the meeting today. Ye Ai made sure that today's visit will only be with the patriarch Lee. She only had a single thought in her mind right now, the earlier she dished this man out, the earlier she could finish this damn of a task world.

"Oh, really? Why's that?" Mr. Lee's voice pulled her away from her thoughts.

"Someone wanted to know you, meet you."

"And who might it be?" he chuckled for he knew the kind of people around Aiyana.

"Hello, Mr. Lee," a sensual voice sounded from the outside as a figure slowly entered the sitting room.

"Aren't you the illustrious, Mr. Jiang?"

"I cannot say illustrious. In the first place, my corporation was only built later this year."

"You're too humble, my young man," Mr. Lee said good naturedly. Humility bought him for he knew younger people can only learn from their elders and the young man in front of him seemed to be the cream of the crop of new buds. Of course, there's Ethan, but he personally knew how stubborn and hard-headed his eldest son for him to listen to his own father.

If only he would choose Aiyana, instead of that Kim girl.

"Oh, I'm not. It's just the truth," Caden Jiang replied keeping his voice welcoming.

"Come, sit, the two of you. Stop with all these formalities."

Ye Ai and Caden Jiang sat but not next to each other. They both took a single couch each, Ye Ai on Mr. Lee's side while Caden was facing the older man. Tea and snacks were served immediately. They had more little kind exchanges until the main menu was served today.

"I wonder what business wound you here, Young Jiang?" Mr. Lee asked while smiling.

"I was only wondering if you would indulge me with some history."

"Hmn?" hummed Mr. Lee in confusion while Ye Ai sat there, silently sipping her tea.

"It was probably more than thirty years ago," Caden started quietly.

"Thirty years ago?" asked Mr. Lee who's still thinking of major business breakthroughs around that time. He remembered it was the time he was still starting up and finally found his perfect path through his perfect partner. He couldn't help smiling from remembering those tough times that shaped him and his conglomerate today.