Chapter 23: The Little Bun and Aiyana (12)

AN: And yes! Your votes have reached the goal! So as promised, a double release for everyone! *Fanfares!*

However! Yes, there is a 'however', as per latest tally, we have two characters who both reached the voting quota. So who's really the true Male Lead? Caden Jiang or Abel Sabelle? ☆(❁‿❁)☆

------------------------

"Aiyana, dear," called Mrs. Song the night she returned from her short vacation or in other words taking care of her illegal business.

"Mom?"

"Is there something you want to tell us?"

"Sorry?" she asked digging her memories for any forgotten events she might have missed to take care of.

"Well, I'm just curious," Mrs. Song dragged her voice conspiratorially.

"Out with it, mom," she asked her tiredly.

"How are you and Ethan?"

"What's there between us? He's degraded into a stupid mob."

"Oh," there was surprise in Mrs. Song's voice but her eyes shined more brilliantly.

"You should have seen how childish he's become," she sighed as she remembered how stupid the world has become.

"How about Liam then?" she asked teasingly.

"Him?" she looked up wondering what's up with her mother. "The worst, as usual."

"Ah... so is there anyone?"

"Anyone?" she rose her elegant brows in askance.

"Well, you're not getting any younger, my love."

"Mom! I'm so busy that I don't even have the time to check on my friends," not that she actually cared. Friends in this kind of society was a bit...twisted.

"That's fine, just give us grandsons and granddaughters. You don't need your friends with that. What you need is a good partner," and Mrs. Song smiled like a cheshire to her.

Ye Ai felt the throbbing of her temples. "What's this about, mom? You should be asking my big brothers. They're already in their thirties ah."

"I've been telling them, too! Gavin is the ever workaholic bachelor and Hayden is even more meticulous and pickier! I don't know what I did wrong in my past life that none of you would give me a grandchild!"

The pouting and sulking Mrs. Song has some cuteness but Ye Ai was too tired to appreciate. She shooed her mother smoothly by agreeing to her demand just to send her away.

"Remember your promise, Aiyana. Next weekend, you're coming for dinner."

"Fine, fine, mom. I want to sleep."

She didn't even saw the smug expression on Mrs. Song's face.

Of course the said weekend dinner came without any other drama. But Ye Ai probably would rather face some drama than face this night.

"Good evening, Madame Song, Ms. Aiyana Song," greeted the very familiar sensuous voice.

"Caden Jiang?" Ye Ai called in surprise. Her mind was buffering while thinking what the hell was happening.

"Oh, you knew each other already?" asked Mrs. Song in excited surprise.

"Yes, Ma'am. We've known each other for a long time."

Snapped. Ye Ai realized that she was had by the two. And what's more irritating, she heard her system's giggle from the space.

The three ate in harmony as Ye Ai listened to the two's exchanges. She found out that Caden opened his own corporation in the country after buying a respectable company from abroad and expanding it locally. This way he was able to enter the market more smoothly through expanding the brand instead of starting from scratch. Not only that, he also collaborated for an alternative source of energy which was highly supported by the government, earning him a rocketing reputation. Even the Song couple was praising his foresight and great business instinct.