Chapter 28

I am one with the people

Hakguk's pov 

Tsu'tey carried my avatar body to the altar as Jake who had already performed his ritual carried me. Humans aren't allowed to walk on the sacred land so that's why I wasn't allowed to walk on my own. Once I was placed down Tsu'tey kisses my cheek and grins at me, "wake up soon." I nod at him and close my eyes as the ceremony begins. At first, I feel nothing but then I'm hit with waves of calm and serenity. It felt so peaceful and so quiet as if I was floating on air. I look around and all I see are colors of blue, pink, green and purple. They floated about like waves, so serene and calm.

I looked below me and I saw grass and flowers, suddenly everything changes. It feels as If I'm going through a black hole as the colors merge into lines and the grass beneath my feet vanishes. I feel the wind going through my hair and soon I see a flash of light. It was as if I saw the Big Bang before my very eyes. It was an explosion of colors going all over until it enveloped me completely. I felt as if I was getting a warm hug from nature itself, it felt amazing. But it was over as I was floating in darkness. I looked around and saw nothing until I felt a poke on my shoulder. I turned around and gasped as I saw the person before me. "Grace?" She smiled and opened her arms to me. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I hugged her, I held her close as if I was afraid to let her go.

"Grace you are here?!" she lets go of me and hits my head, "Of course I'm here Dr. Genius." I giggle and wipe the tears from my eyes. She smiles warmly than she looks behind me, she turns me around and I gasp. I see a Na'vi women, she had a flowy green dress that faded to blue then white at the bottom. She had a flower crown on her head with long purple hair which was in a braid with red flowers intertwined with them. She had a stick in one hand and rings on her other, on her neck she had a necklace that glowed blue. Her eyes shined like the stars and she radiated of power and maternal love.

"That's Eywa isn't she beautiful?" I gawked at the beautiful woman and Grace hit me upside the head again. I groan and rub my head, I stare at Eywa again and I bow. Eywa looks over at me and smiles. "Hakguk my my my what a handsome young man you are." She smiles then she walks me over with Grace following behind. We walk until we reach an altar and on that alter is my avatar body. "You belong with the people Hakguk. Take great care of Tsu'tey my dear and make a family with him." I glance at Eywa then at my body. Grace grabs my hand and smiles, "I am very proud of you Hakguk and I am certain so are your parents and even Tommy." I turn around and hug her again, "Grace I miss you."

She chuckles and hugs me back once more. "I miss you as well but I am fine here with Eywa, besides I'll always be here when you need me." I glance at Eywa and she nods at me. "Yes all you must do is pray and she will show herself." I glance at the two women then I nod, "All right...how long have I been out?" Eywa smiles and pats my head. "a few hours which is why you should go back now before they stop praying." I gasp and nod, I lay down on my avatar and I feel myself sink into him. Soon I feel myself being sucked out from where I was and I see everything going by in reverse.

Suddenly I open my eyes and blink, I look at my surroundings and I hear hoots and hollers. "The process is done." Tsu'tey leans over and looks at me happily, "you are finally one of the people my little alien." I lift my arm and gasp as I see it's blue. I sit up and look behind me, my body looked lifeless and pale. I run my fingers through its hair and smile a tad bit. I then turn to Tsu'tey and pull him in for a hug. He laughs and holds me close to him as Jake carries my body away to be buried. Tsu'tey helps me stand by wrapping his arms around my waist. I giggle then I gasp and Mo'at looks at me. "What is it, my child?" I smile at her then I bow. "I have completed my paintings." She looks over and smiles at me. "May we see?" I nod and run off to a tree where I hid the paintings.

"I did three paintings which I feel captured the beauty and culture of us."

Mo'at stared at the paintings in astonishment

Mo'at stared at the paintings in astonishment. Tsu'tey looked at the last painting and smiled widely at the inspiration I used to paint that. "Our first hunt." I looked over and winked. Mo'at placed the paintings at the alter so everyone could see them. "These were created by Hakguk who was tasked with capturing the beauty of our world. I would say he did an excellent job." Everyone hooted and began to clap wildly as I stepped aside and let everyone go up to them. Tsu'tey pulled me aside and gave me a kiss on the lips. "You did amazing." I smiled at him and jumped in his embrace. He held me close and we shared a passionate kiss under the tree of souls.