PART 7

Asia, Nicole and Josh arrive at Josh's house. Asia was quiet the whole ride, even when Josh tried to talk to her, she was quiet.

"You gotta talk some time", he said.

"I told you all the pain he caused me. He was cruel.", she said as she was crying. "I don't know how many times I wished I could kill"

"Yea but guess what you've over come from that", he said.

"I guess you're right", Asia said as she wipes her tears.

"How about this. I'm going to run you a hot bath", he said.

Asia looks at her phone. "Make it a shower, I need to go to work soon", she said.

"Nah. Call Walmart and tell them you got the night off", he said.

"No I can't Josh", she said.

"Come on, you go to work every time you're told. What's wrong with calling in sick for once?", he asked.

"Listen, as I told you before. I wanna make my own money and I'm damn sure not going to live off you. I wanna help pay for things if imma say here", she said.

"Fine, take one of my cars", he said.

Asia goes upstairs.

Josh thinks to himself and pulls out his phone.

Asia takes a quick hot shower and gets dressed for work and comes downstairs.

"Have a nice night at work", he said as he handed her the keys.

Asia takes the keys. "Thanks", she said. "Nicole's sleep by the way"

"alright", he said.

Asia walks out.

Josh pulls out his phone and makes a call.

"Yea, I got a job for ya", he said as he sat back on his couch.

- - - -

Later that evening Asia came back from work. To find Nicole sitting at the table eating fast.

"Girl slow down!" , Asia demanded.

"She just hungry Asia", Josh said.

"She don't need to be eating like that", she said. "She's a young lady, and besides food needs time to digest".

Josh hands you a plate. "You kinda late"

Asia looks at josh. "I stayed at work for an extra hour" , she answered as she sat down with her food.

Josh nods.

"Just cause we official now, don't mean you question me like that"

"Hey, you driving my car", he said.

Asia looked at him with a mean mug. "What did you just say??", she asked. "See that's what I don't need. You holding shut over my head. I can take the bus! I can leave! I don't need yo shit nigga!", she said as she got up. "Nicole come on"

Nicole gets up

Josh grabs Asia's arm, "listen , calm down. I ain't mean it like that"

"Don't touch me", she demanded.

"Fuck you gone go?", he asked.

"I didn't tell the owner of the house I was moving yet", she said as she jerked her arm away and grabs Nicole's hand and began walking to the door.

Nicole stopped and Asia looked as her. "I don't wanna leave", Nicole said.

Asia stood there silent. "Well we're going to", Asia demanded.

"No. The bed is comfortable here, it's cold. It's not hot in like at home. I have new toys, and a bike! I never had a bike before. Even a pool!  Josh said he would get me whatever I wanted", she said. "I don't have nothing to do at home. I wanna stay here", Nicole protested.

Asia looked at josh

"She woke up with nothing to do Asia. I had to get her something", Josh said without question.

Asia looked down.

Nicole ran upstairs

"I'm failing", Asia said. "I'm failing"

"No you're not. Come on Asia she's 6. Of course she's going to be more concerned about toys and shit. You accomplished all her basic needs"

"Barely", Asia said. "Before you came along we barely ate, had hot water, or the lights to see for us to get dressed at night and in the morning. I - "

"Did not fail" , Josh finished her sentence even though she wasn't going to say that. Josh touches her cheek. "You are strong, you are brilliant, you are successful in anything you do"

Asia looks josh in his eyes

Josh starts kissing Asia passionately and she proceeds to kiss him back.

Suddenly get a phone call from number that isn't saved in her contacts. Asia answers the call hesitantly. "Hello?.... who?... what? What happened", she said but didn't seem too concerned. "Wow.. thank you for tell me." She hung up and looked at Josh.

"Who was that?, he asked.

Asia stood in silence. "You were here with my sister this whole time right?"

"Yea", why would I leave her, by herself?", she asked.

Asia sat down and looked at the floor. "Somebody murdered my dad", she said.

"And you think I did it ??" , he asked normally.

"I just find it funny how of all nights.. something like that happens tonight", she looks at him.

"I ain't do it", he said. "Somebody that sick don't need to live anyway"

Asia sat in silence. "You're right, but I'm going to go look at his body", she said.

"I'll go", we can drop Nicole off at Jayla house for a few.

"Okay", Asia said.

At this point. Asia didn't know wether to be happy or sad. She was mostly just in shock. It was so sudden and she just wondered who did it and why but at the same time she didn't really care.