P A R T 4

"This is why you need a nigga. So you don't have to fuck your friend because you in the mood", says Jayla.

"Girl, hush. It was an accident and I didn't fuck him", Asia says as she playfully rolls her eyes. "We just kissed"

"Mmm", says Jayla while thinking it was more than that.

"Seriously, just kissed", Asia said. "I stopped him because I came to my senses and I knew that I could regret it after that.

"Date him", Jayla said. "He likes the fuck outta you, and he attractive to you. Date him, then you wouldn't have to regret it".

"Hell no. He a playa and I'm tired of these niggas. He has too many of what he calls 'fans'. If I date again, the nigga gotta be hoe free and faithful", Asia said as she folded her arms.

"Okay miss I can do bad all by myself", Jayla said in a playful way.

- - - -

It's been 4 months now since Asia has been on her own, having to juggle bills, rent, Nicole, work and school. She's been late to school 10 times in the past two months because she would oversleep. She has been late on the rent and the lights were off for at least a week at one point, causing her and Nicole to shower at Jayla's house.

Asia is at the store shopping for groceries while Nicole is at school. Asia didn't go to school today because she needed some more rest.

As Asia walks into the line, a guy looks at her after he picks up a small bag of chips and a drink from by the register. Asia waits in line, leaning over the cart, on her phone.

The guy looks at her butt and bites his lip. "Was good lil mama", he said in a deep voice.

Asia turns around and looks at him.

This guy had to be at least 20. He was light skinned, had waves, a full bread, maybe around 5" 10 or 5" 11. He had on a white tee, some black joggers, white Nike air forces, a gold watch, and chain.

Asia thinks to herself, "damn this nigga fine". She begins to talk but he interrupts her before she could get a word out.

"Or shall I say beautiful", he says. "My name is Josh, short for Joshua"

"Asia, short for .. well Asia", she says with a smile.

He chuckles and Asia couldn't help but notice his smile.

"Well Miss Asia, are single?", he asks.

"Wait, how old are you?", she asks.

"I just turned 20, that's good with you?", he asks.

"18 good with you?", she asks.

"Yea, you ain't a minor", he says.

"Mmm... I'm single but I ain't looking for a relationship", she says as she turns toward the line to move forward.

"Well, we can just go out one day. Not a date. Just a friendly thing, ya know. Just to see what I'm about, then if you still ain't looking for a relationship then, I'll stop fucking with you", he says.

Being the straightforward person that Asia is, she turns to him and says, "my mom died a few months ago, I'm struggling to take care of and raising my sister alone. My past relationships weren't shit, as of now, I think every nigga ain't shit. If you want that baggage cool but if not I suggest leave me where I stand. Or unless you just wanna fuck, you can go fuck yourself while you at it". Asia turns around and puts the food on the belt.

Josh looks with a surprised expression.

The cashier rings up all of the groceries. "That will be $30.43", she says.

Josh comes in the front as you go through your wallet. He hands the cashier his chips and drink. "Ring this up too", he says.

Asia looks up at him. "What are you doing?", she says.

"$34.89", says the cashier.

Josh inserts his card in the card reader. "I'm paying", he says.

"No. I didn't tell you to do that", she protested.

"Aye listen, when I walked up to you, I had plans on getting to know you, and that's what I'm gonna do", he demanded.

Asia stood in silence as she thought to herself, "am I wet? That was sexy as fuck".

"May I have your number?", he asks.

"No, but I'll get yours. I'll call you when I'm ready to call you", she said as she unlocks her phone and hands it to him.

"Bet", he says as he pulls his card out of the card reader and begins typing in his number.

Asia gets the receipt from the cashier and moves out of the way for the next customer.

Josh gets a message and he hands her phone to her. "I accidentally texted myself", he smiles as he walks away. "So Imma call you later"

Asia tries not to smile. "Okay, I see how you play".

Josh winks at her and leaves with his chips and drink.

Asia playfully rolls her eyes and walks out of the store.

- - - -

Asia is on the FaceTime with Jayla.

"Girl you better get with him!! You need to have fun! You haven't partied or gone out. Nothing!", Jayla said.

"Well J, my mama passed away. I'm struggling here. I don't have time for that", Asia says.

"Exactly. You're struggling alone. You need somebody to help. He's 20, he gotta be on his shit", she said.

"I'm not gonna go with him for his money", Asia said.

"I'm not telling you to. I'm telling you to find someone you actually like before all the good guys get taken. I'm not telling you to go with him. I'm telling you to loosen up, and enjoy life... you know you can still do that too. Your mom would want you to still enjoy life as well", Jayla explained.

Asia began to think to herself. Until she had an incoming call from Josh. "Well look at that, he's calling", she says.

"Better answer. I'm gonna go clean up", Jayla said before hanging up.

Asia answers the phone. "Hello?", she answers.

"What's up, beautiful. How are you?", he asks.

"Making it", she answers. "How you?"

"Making it", he says. "But listen, I was wondering if you were cool with going to the lake with me tomorrow night.

"If I can find somebody to watch my sister than sure... but why the lake?", she asked.

"Quiet... I said I wanted you to get to know me and I wanted to get to know you. I can't do that in a loud place", he explained.

"iight", she replied. "But you gotta feed me", she smiled.

"Will do", he chuckled.

Til Death Do Us Part (BOOK ONE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें