Chapter 23: Window

Zoe

I was aimlessly driving for hours until I decided to pull over at a hotel. I'm tired of driving, I just need somewhere to sleep.

I unloaded my things and went into the main lobby. I began checking myself in until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around seeing it was Gerard.

"Zoe? What are you doing here?" He asked, pulling me into a hug.

"I should be asking you the same." I laughed.

"Well, I'm just here to spend a night. I went to that far ass studio again. I was so tired, I had to find a place to crash for the night. You?"

"Ugh, long story. Where's Trent?"

"Back at the house with his momma."

"Oh."

After I was checked in, we went up to my room.

"Aye, your room's on this floor?" He asked.

"Yeah." I slipped my card in the lock.

"Wow, mine is a few doors down. That's some freaky shit." He laughed.

"I totally agree." I chuckled.

I dragged all my things inside and continued the conversation in front of the door.

"You still haven't told me why you're here. Aren't you supposed to be home with Tyler?"

"Ugh, don't even say his name." I rolled my eyes.

"Uh-oh! Drama!" He laughed, "Come to my room and we'll talk about it."

I agreed and followed him into his room. We climbed in bed as I told him about what had recently happened between Tyler and I. Out of nowhere, I just sorta broke down.

"I don't know, I just hate being stepped on. It gets old after awhile." I sniffled.

He pulled me into a hug and tried to calm me down.

"I'm sorry," I lifted my head up, "I usually don't cry... It's probably this pregnancy that's making me hella emotional right now."

"I doubt it, you probably just need to cry. Sometimes crying is good." He rubbed my back.

I wiped my tears and laughed, "Hodgy, do you cry?"

"Only when it comes to real-nigga shit. Other than that, I'm not really emotional." He confessed.

"Oh." I wiped my cheeks, "Thanks, Gerard. Thanks for comforting me."

"It's alright. I have a child, I go through this all the time." We laughed.

I laid my head onto to a pillow and rested my eyes. All this crying did a number on 'em. I didn't think I was actually going to fall asleep, but I did.

Tyler

I woke up & saw that I was still on the couch, along with Cherry, whom was asleep. I stood up & went to go freshen up. I couldn't help but notice I never smelt the aroma of fresh pancakes.

I went upstairs & knocked on Zoe's room door. I knocked twice & still nothing. I didn't even hear her bed shifting or anything.

I finally took it upon myself to open the door without her permission. She wasn't on the bed. What? She wasn't in the bathroom, nor was she in the closet. Where was she?